Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did I inadvertently offend the "POWERS THAT BE?"

Gary:oops:

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Re: Where did my Clive's books post go??

Gary,

seems like it was deleted. Don't know why as I thought it was a good enough question. For what its worth. I almost gave up the Cussler books myself after Valhalla Rising. Took me a whiile to finish it. It just dragged. I went for the Numa files books and they were good. Almost finished the Skeleton Coast and will have my signed Treasure of Khan next week so I'm back on the bus :)

Looking forward to see how Doxa is mentoned in the new one. Wonder if a specific model gets named.

Pete

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Re: Where did my Clive's books post go??

Gary,

seems like it was deleted. Don't know why as I thought it was a good enough question. For what its worth. I almost gave up the Cussler books myself after Valhalla Rising. Took me a whiile to finish it. It just dragged. I went for the Numa files books and they were good. Almost finished the Skeleton Coast and will have my signed Treasure of Khan next week so I'm back on the bus :)

Looking forward to see how Doxa is mentoned in the new one. Wonder if a specific model gets named.

Pete
Now that's funny, Pete. VR was the first CC book I read and the one that got me hooked! ;-)

Gary, your initial post may have been a tad too.....vehement?.....in it's stated dislike of one of CC's books. Just a guess.

I'm nearly done with Skeleton Coast, and I really like it. I'm a big fan of the Oregon Files series, the whole 'save the world by committee' approach is one I've become quite fond of. This one and Dark Watch are the 2 best in that series, IMO. Jack Du Brul (his co-writer for the Oregon Series) is an excellent author in his own right. That series will only get better and better. Treasure of Khan has received excellent reviews from friends on other fora - one guy said it's his best work in 10 years. Dirk Cussler is really developing into a writer to rival his dad. I know there was a period a few years ago when CC lost his wife and many believe his writing suffered for a while due to this (no surprise, I suppose). I loved Trojan Odyssey. Black Wind was good but without Dirk and Al as the central characters I found it.....not necessarily worse, but definitely different than the other DP books. The NUMA Files stories haven't really floated my boat too much and I'm not sure why......:think:

Paul

1 - 3 of 3 Posts