WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a watch-box that I'd like to use, however most of my watches are on bracelets that will not fit when clasped/locked around each individual pillow in the case.

Is this a common problem? I'll post some photos of the box for reference as well...I appreciate the input in advance!

·
Premium Member
38,876 Posts
It just depends on the watch box and pillow configuration. Some fit better than others.

I have the same issue with a couple of my cheaper boxes, and I just place those with bracelets around the pillow as best as I can regardless of if they can be clasp together or not. You kind of have to go with the flow.

I find you have more flexibility with those that use all foam as opposed to fabric pillows.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Some of the boxes have pillows that have a removable outer portion that leaves a smaller cushion. Check to see if you have this type of pillow.
Otherwise, you can leave it how it fits in the box, as long as you are satisfied with it.

I'd have to buy a new box or new pillows that allow me to close the bracelet. #retentive :)

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some of the boxes have pillows that have a removable outer portion that leaves a smaller cushion. Check to see if you have this type of pillow.
Otherwise, you can leave it how it fits in the box, as long as you are satisfied with it.

I'd have to buy a new box or new pillows that allow me to close the bracelet. #retentive :)
Ha! I hear you on that...although I did check the pillows and they have wood sides, unfortunately. I'll have to look for some replacements...the case is pretty solid otherwise.

·
Premium Member
38,876 Posts
eBay and etsy.com sometimes have vendors who sell good quality watch pillows as another suggestion.

Good luck.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My pillows are approximately the size of my wrist, so I always close bracelets. Straps get left open, just wrapped around the pillow. Not the most elegant solution, but I've had success in the past by cutting my own pillows out of foam to account for particular watch dimensions, usually ones that are too tall and exceed the lid clearance with the standard pillows.

·
Registered
768 Posts
It just depends on the watch box and pillow configuration. Some fit better than others.

I have the same issue with a couple of my cheaper boxes, and I just place those with bracelets around the pillow as best as I can regardless of if they can be clasp together or not. You kind of have to go with the flow.

I find you have more flexibility with those that use all foam as opposed to fabric pillows.
Yep. The pillows of my first watch box, a cheap-o Chinese "wood" box, were hard and inflexible. They felt like a thin piece of felt wrapped around a piece of hard cardboard (which is probably what they were). Had very little give or "squishy-ness" so I couldn't close the bracelets.

I recently acquired a much nicer box and the pillows in it are much more pliant and squishy. Easy to close the bracelet over the pillows without straining the bracelet.

As already mentioned, you can find the higher quality dense foam pillows sold individually by a few Ebay sellers. If you like the box but hate the pillows, might be worth just buying a set of nicer pillows as replacements.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts