WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I recently bought this G-Shock for an amazing price, paid $1 for watch $7 for new battery, of a person at a local flea market. It was a risk, but all it needed was a new battery and now its working great. I dont know much about this watch and I am hoping to get more information on it. It has a coke cola bottle on one side of a strap, I have tried to search it up, and havent found any useful information. If anyone knows about the coke bottle on it, and what do these watches go for, it be really helpful.

Thanks,
Sal

image.jpeg

image (1).jpeg

image (2).jpeg

image (3).jpeg

image (4).jpeg

image (5).jpeg

·
Registered
65 Posts
Definately a great find unfortunately Im not to much into the rare collections of Casio G-Shock but its very obvious thats its something special, hope you get the information you are seeking for.
Beatuyful G-Shock CONGRATULATIONS!

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Sjors has one of these. However, its exact origins are not known. Probably was some sort of promotion by Coca Cola.

Coca Cola DW-003

Unfortunately though it seems to be rare it is not that valuable. The DW-003s are not really collected by G Shock fanatics. It is worth a heck of a lot more than you paid for it though.

You might have better luck trying to sell it into the Coca Cola collectors market.

Mitch

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Amazing deal on the watch.. Could be worth anywhere from $50-$100 or maybe more or maybe less depending on who is looking for one at the time.

It is one of those things that is so rare there is no real established value, but rarity alone does not translate to high value

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Everyone..I actually found this forum doing research on the watch..so I am new to the forum, but i am a watch collector so ima hopefully be on the forum more often..And yes i still cant believe the deal i got..the lady thought it was a broken kids watch..so she let it go for so cheap..i fell in love with the watch and i love the red on it..i am just really curious on the watches coke logo..and if i should wear it or just collect it..because it looks beautiful in the wrist..

·
Registered
36,279 Posts
Coca-Cola collectors are amongst the most rabid collectors on Planet Earth, akin to Barbie, Hot Wheels and Matchbox collectors, so they should be consulted as to rarity and value IMO.

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,555 Posts
Nice find. I also paid peanuts for mine, but that was more than 10 years ago. I probably paid three times more on shipping.

At that time I was also bid out on a Evian G-Shock, probably around $10,- or so. Those were the days for lonely G-Shock collector.

By the look of the simple print and it's rareness, I think it was a giveaway for some kind of contest or present for (local) employees.

Cheers,

Sjors

Sent using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Not sure about this particular Coca Cola version, but about a month or two ago I bought DW-002J-1B (also limited)
DW-002J-1B.png
at "neverworn" condition for 90$. And usually price range for such models (002, 003) at ebay are 60-150$ , as per my observation (new or like new condition). At my opinion they are great models, and the backlight probably best from all G-shocks in the history. Congratulations , it is really nice watch!

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Thanks Everyone..I actually found this forum doing research on the watch..so I am new to the forum, but i am a watch collector so ima hopefully be on the forum more often..And yes i still cant believe the deal i got..the lady thought it was a broken kids watch..so she let it go for so cheap..i fell in love with the watch and i love the red on it..i am just really curious on the watches coke logo..and if i should wear it or just collect it..because it looks beautiful in the wrist..

Welcome to the forum. I hope you will stick around as there are a heck of a lot of nice people on here.

Indeed you got a great deal there. |>

It is tricky about whether to wear it or not. I do find it difficult to wear NOS stuff but if it is already worn I can wear them even if they are in great condition.

As far as this one goes I don't think it would make much difference to any future sale price if it had a little wear. It is so rare that if someone wanted it they would pay anyway. The trouble is with this one is that there are very few 'G' collectors who would be interested in it as a special edition. As I said before, perhaps Coca Cola collectors would pay good money for it, a little research there might be fruitful.

It is still worth a bit though as a great condition vintage 'G'.

Mitch

1 - 11 of 11 Posts