WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hay all G-Shock fans, does anyone own or know much about this rare model, and what do you think about it. the solar vesion seems to be more rare than the regular G1700. this model is a GW1701. gw-1701d-1a_3.jpg

·
Registered
986 Posts
Hello,

The 1701 you are asking about is the non atomic version of the GW-1701. I have seen it for sale online at a few Singapore and other Asian sellers.

It most likely is being (or was )sold in areas that did not have an atomic clock or access to an atomic clock, thereby not needing atomic time keeping.

In Casio speak, a solar non atomic model is denoted with an 01 in the model number, for example:

GW301
GW1001
GW1201

the atomic solar versions of these models are
GW300
GW1000
GW1200

There are exceptions to the rule on these

Cheers

Leon

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Hi and apologies for the late response.
I do own a GW-1701 and really love it! It has a nice solid feel to it and the matt finish of the case and bracelet is nicely done as well. The analog hands are skeletonized and white, which helps in the readibility of the dial. When worn and night or in the dark the LED backlight is bright enough to read the time properly. The light's in a cool white as well:-!
Overall I think its a great ana-digi to have and the bracelet style makes it suitable for wear on more formal occasions too.
Here's a pic of mine, together with my wife's Baby-G:
His_n_Hers_1.jpg
Rgds,
Lee

1 - 4 of 4 Posts