WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This beauty arrived today. It’s the Cocktail Time Black Russian - SRPF39J1

My wonderful wife bought it for me for our anniversary. Sadly it has to go back in it’s box until the end of October (our actual anniversary) but I was allowed to wear it for today to make sure it is working ok 😉

The dial is mesmerising - pictures don’t really do it justice (like all Cocktail Time models I suspect). In bright sunlight the dial looks like a hologram - it has real depth to it and the applied markers and logo look like they are floating. It’s really quite beautiful. Seiko are just killing it with their dials lately. In certain light the dial looks brown and most of the rest of the time it is a charcoal grey/black. It’s certainly a lot more dynamic than I thought it would be.

I like the fact that they have released this in a 38.5mm size, as that is my sweet spot for watches on my 6.75” wrist and it wears really nicely. I love my Cocktail Time Manhattan but I do wish it had the same proportions as this model.

The third photo is tongue in cheek, as I know a lot of people like to flex on their cars and expensive watches when talking wrist shots so I thought I’d join in with my Skoda and Seiko 🤣
Watch Analog watch Clock Material property Wrist

Watch Analog watch Clock Everyday carry Rectangle

Watch Hand Analog watch White Light

·
Premium Member
5,829 Posts
Skoda flex!!!

Lovely watch. I prefer this design to the original cocktail time look.

• Haha
Reactions: Beena

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love the Negroni. One of those might be in my future.

Reactions: Brummie

·
Premium Member
38,846 Posts
Beautiful dial. Very nice.

Hope you enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
12,194 Posts
Congrats on both !

The Anniversary and the watch.

Does your wife happen to have a sister?

Asking for a friend..........

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Congrats on both !

The Anniversary and the watch.

Does your wife happen to have a sister?

Asking for a friend..........
🤣 Just two brothers I’m afraid. So it depends on how badly you want a new watch.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Those new Seiko Cocktail Time watches are beautiful. I've had my hands on the blue Old Clock and the green Mojito, and that Black Russian is amazing as well. And the size is perfect. Enjoy it, and Happy Anniversary!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
This beauty arrived today. It’s the Cocktail Time Black Russian - SRPF39J1

My wonderful wife bought it for me for our anniversary. Sadly it has to go back in it’s box until the end of October (our actual anniversary) but I was allowed to wear it for today to make sure it is working ok 😉

View attachment 16120990
Congrats!!! Beautiful watch…….. and happy early Anniversary!!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hey; saw your post on Reddit. The other photo's look great. Seiko makes a highly under rated dial. I just wish they made them in a larger diameter. A Presage in 44mm would have me breaking piggy banks.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Hey; saw your post on Reddit. The other photo's look great. Seiko makes a highly under rated dial. I just wish they made them in a larger diameter. A Presage in 44mm would have me breaking piggy banks.
Hey from Reddit 😁

You must have some big arsed wrists on you to want a 44mm version! I think this style suits the smaller case sizes, as they are more elegant. I actually feel that the 39.5mm is slightly too big on the other Cocktail Times. Different strokes for different folks and all that.

·
Premium Member
73,611 Posts
That looks absolutely stunning. Congratulations. Did you explain that you really need more than one day to fully check a watch out? 😂

1 - 20 of 25 Posts