WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a fan of the Codenames -- close close relatives of the 8400 Series Mudmen. I just picked up a green one from the WUS sales board. Here it is getting an airing on a muggy New York City afternoon.

The out of focus building in the last shot is the northern corner of the Metropolitan Museum of Art:

·
Registered
37,143 Posts
>> Codenames ROCK! My first G-Shock and still love it. Thanks for sharing the great shots of your rare green bird. :-! Any shots of the band by any chance...?

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,555 Posts
Hi Kronos,

That's a very cool green DW-8500 Codename. Great shots. When I was in New York I missed the Moma unfortunately. I visited the Gugenheim and Whitney museum (with an impressive exposition of Keith Haring).

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
dont know why but im really looking at the vintage Gs and colors now :roll:

very coool was this a used watch looks mint :-!

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I'm a fan of the Codenames -- close close relatives of the 8400 Series Mudmen. I just picked up a green one from the WUS sales board. Here it is getting an airing on a muggy New York City afternoon.

The out of focus building in the last shot is the northern corner of the Metropolitan Museum of Art:

Hey!!!!!!!!!!! That watch is smokin!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very nice:-!:-!:-!:-!:-!:-!

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dont know why but im really looking at the vintage Gs and colors now :roll:

very coool was this a used watch looks mint :-!
Yeah, it was not sold as "new old stock", but it clearly had not been used heavily and had been well cared for.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I loved the MOMA. When I was there, the twin towers were still standing and I thought they were the most impressive architectural thing I have ever seen. I even took a helicopter ride around lower Manhattan and Lady Liberty.

I really like the watch. Those are some of the best colors I have seen on a classic G ever. Mike:)

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
>> Codenames ROCK! My first G-Shock and still love it. Thanks for sharing the great shots of your rare green bird. :-! Any shots of the band by any chance...?
Here are shots of the band and a couple of shots of the lighted display.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
That green DW-8400 is fantastic! :-!

I have the red version of that watch. My only (small) gripe about this model is the band design. I wished that those little rubber thingies that attach the band to the case were a little more flexible. That way they would wrap around the wrist a little better, rather than sticking straight out from the case... ;-)

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
A fine piece, congrats! It's the first time I have seen that particular green coloured codename with nice camo band. |>

·
Banned
731 Posts
Classic! These vintage Gs are loaded with features and functions as compared to current models (minus the atomic and solar features).

Are you going to hunt for the red codename to pair it? :-!

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That green DW-8400 is fantastic! :-!

I have the red version of that watch. My only (small) gripe about this model is the band design. I wished that those little rubber thingies that attach the band to the case were a little more flexible. That way they would wrap around the wrist a little better, rather than sticking straight out from the case... ;-)
I agree re the band. I LOVE the red version. I have my eyes peeled for one.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Yes! I like that colorway! The red one was my FIRST G Shock! Ive been looking for that one for some time now. Ive never seen it outside the "Bible"
Great find!

Be careful of the strap though. The areas where the nylon band meet the black resin strap ends are weak. One side of mine is rather "kinked"

1 - 17 of 17 Posts