WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my first Jason. Yes it is a little late, but that's because I used to absolutely hate it and never ever thought about owning one. I know it has popped up a couple of times in that "Ugliest G-Shock" thread lol, and I can understand why. It really isn't the kind of watch design that G-Shock will come up with. It's just...really un-G-Shockish. But with all due honesty, coming from someone who used to detest it, you really have to hold it in your hand, meddle with it and slowly but surely, it will grow on you. I believe a few Jason owners can vouch for that? Haha..anyway, I like it precisely because it looks so different. And it looks more like a toy watch. Even the cute bulky buckle is made of plastic. And den it daunt on me; what can be better than a G-Shock that looks nothing like a G-Shock, but actually is equipped with the toughness of one? What can be better than that!? And me being me, I like bright colorful watches and things that are atypical, and somehow fell in love with this Jason. Now, I've already know what my 2nd Jason will be. =D

But anyway, just a couple of pics to share with you guys. And Christmas is just 2 months away, so this Christmas Jason will be an early fitting gift for myself! lol..

Christmas Jason:

Back profile:

Side profile:

Plastic buckle:

Caseback and the very comfortable wings:

EL shot:

Money shot:

Love it or hate it..?

Anyway, just to be completely random and just because I haven't consolidate everything to post in one thread, the next picture is as such:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
congrats! I love my Christmas Jason, I don't wear it often but will wear it most of December:

4 (5).jpg

2 (5).jpg

3 (5).jpg

I got mine last christmas from Bangkok. We had left Chiang Mai on Christmas morning and reached Bangkok by the evening.. I wanted it on Christmas Day, so I ran to Isetan and picked it up just before closing! I love the Toy look & it's playful colours.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Great pickup, this Jason is proper 'bonkers' and I like that.

Though I strongly prefer the original DW-001 Jasons, this 'Xmas' Jason does tempt me.

I have nearly succumbed a few times in the past so you never know, the Xmas season may just push me over the edge!

Mitch

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great pickup, this Jason is proper 'bonkers' and I like that.

Though I strongly prefer the original DW-001 Jasons, this 'Xmas' Jason does tempt me.

I have nearly succumbed a few times in the past so you never know, the Xmas season may just push me over the edge!

Mitch

Yeah I agree..it would have been much better if the temperature function still exist though..makes the holes much more meaningful. but then again, I'm happy with this one! =D

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
what? the Jason has a plastic buckle ? It surely a contra for me now, in my decision to get one

I never thought the Jason as ugly, it's just unique and its various color-schemes make it so fun to wear (at least in my imagination) I once miss a deal on a pink jason, and forever regret it as it is now too un-affordable for me

LOLz

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have never considered getting a Jason, not because I think it is ugly or anything but I just never thought of it. After seeing your's and Starscream's photos, boy I am getting tempted!

Nice photos you have got there + the lovely manbox! :)

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
what? the Jason has a plastic buckle ? It surely a contra for me now, in my decision to get one

I never thought the Jason as ugly, it's just unique and its various color-schemes make it so fun to wear (at least in my imagination) I once miss a deal on a pink jason, and forever regret it as it is now too un-affordable for me

LOLz
Yeah, the plastic buckle is just...so different. haha..you either hate it or love it for its quirkiness!

I have never considered getting a Jason, not because I think it is ugly or anything but I just never thought of it. After seeing your's and Starscream's photos, boy I am getting tempted!

Nice photos you have got there + the lovely manbox! :)
You should bro! I've always really really wanted the bubblegum Jason since day 1, but it's one of those super over-priced Gs online:

I admire you guys in wearing this. I like a little color but this looks too much like Santa Claus to me. Congrats and wear it in health

Exactly a Christmas watch. lol. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
I always wanted that Blue one, also wanted these 2 in the pic but Casio India never releases this model here and I've never seen those on trips abroad. I wonder what kinda sales numbers this model does? Cause its still around but the kings got scrapped so they must have sold more? Although i dont see many Jasons around.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,008 Posts
Yeah, the plastic buckle is just...so different. haha..you either hate it or love it for its quirkiness!

You should bro! I've always really really wanted the bubblegum Jason since day 1, but it's one of those super over-priced Gs online:

Hello, 1980's. lol

·
Registered
180 Posts

I alao like this bubblegum jason but found it too expensive. I wonder if they will have re-release for this :p

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
'Jason Borg', the butt ugliest watch in the world and with a stuffed up nose as well. Its gotta be for kids 8 and under. love the colors though. :p

·
Registered
738 Posts
In general, the Jason is not my favorite G. Only have one and it is the only Jason I ever fancy.

I reckon this is the beauty of Gs. There is, almost, one for each taste.

Enjoy your Xmas Jason and wear it well, Mate!

Cheers,
Marcos :D

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
'Jason Borg', the butt ugliest watch in the world and with a stuffed up nose as well. Its gotta be for kids 8 and under. love the colors though. :p
i love it when there are such different opinions about a watch haha. I can only say, I have a huge acceptance range for designs. I love the GAs, the aviators, the MoGs, Jasons...pretty much a lot!

I alao like this bubblegum jason but found it too expensive. I wonder if they will have re-release for this :p

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
I highly doubt so bro lol. Only those extremely popular ones like the manbox which went for more then USD$1k before this re-release came out, will ever be re-released I guess. But then again, I'll be amongst the happiest if they ever did!

In general, the Jason is not my favorite G. Only have one and it is the only Jason I ever fancy.

I reckon this is the beauty of Gs. There is, almost, one for each taste.

Enjoy your Xmas Jason and wear it well, Mate!

Cheers,
Marcos :D

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk
It is also, not my favourite. But I've fallen in love with it, in the most unusual way, somehow. =D

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
More like hello Fisher Price... Seriousy, do adults wear these watches that look like they are made for pre-school children in Romper Room?

Tell me that watch wouldn't totally fit in this environment:

Well, with all due respect, what's wrong with it..? I think the awesome thing about G-Shock is that, there is always one for everyone. Be it function, aesthetic, pricing etc. I mean, culture and fashion are so subjective isn't it? I think we gotta accept everything with an open heart. Life is too short for ostrasization and judgement.

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
Maybe we need to bump that Chrisek "we need to talk..' Thread up again?
Come on guys, lets be respectful of each others likes and collections, certain watches might not be everyones cup of tea but maybe there is a better way of putting your thought across without all the negativity?
Let someone enjoy something they just bought..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts