WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum and could use some advice. I would like to purchase a watch that has a coin edge/rope design on the casing around the dial. I've searched high and lo and the only brands that seem to offer this design within my price range are Stuhrling, Akribos, Jean Romilly and an occasional Invicta. Stuhrling has a beautiful Automatic Caesar II model with a silver dial and blue hands. which I can pick up for $199.00. Some on this forum have suggested Stuhrling's automatic watches can be a problem.
Bottom line: Can someone recommend a brand that sells coin edge models for men, with either automatic or quartz movement? A link or two would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

S

·
0 Posts
Limes Classic with automatic ETA but it isn´t in the price range you mentioned.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Just so you know and maybe just My Opinion but Stuhrling and Akribos are one and the same also, not all said watches are bad some are good and some had problems (Movts). Just like Invicta's some are good and some are not in my opinion (actually not my taste) The ones that I've bought didnt have any problems but others have had some problems. I think there is a Thread on here talking about some of the better ones but not all of them have been mentioned. Just do a search and you will see for yourself:-!

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advice. This Trias is a nice looking watch, but can someone tell me if Trias is better quality than Stuhrling or Invicta that sell for about the same price? I know very little about Trias watches. Are they Swiss made? Asian?
The Limes Classic is also nice, but I could not find a place to check out their prices or where to purchase one.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How about this one from RLT?

This is a magnificent watch, although I personally prefer Arabic numerals. Did you see the RLT Watch Co. - Limited Edition Automatic Watch - RLT4 for 240 pounds? Unfortunately, they only made 50 and are out of stock and I don't know if this price qualifies as an "affordable watch." I guess that depends on one considers "affordable." Guys, please keep the advice coming. I appreciate it very much and have already learned alot. Thanks.

·
Banned
3,600 Posts

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Thanks for the advice. This Trias is a nice looking watch, but can someone tell me if Trias is better quality than Stuhrling or Invicta that sell for about the same price? I know very little about Trias watches. Are they Swiss made? Asian?
The Limes Classic is also nice, but I could not find a place to check out their prices or where to purchase one.
YES!!!!! THEY ARE! Trias is a much higher quality of fit, finish and reliability....not to mention that they can be bought from a dealer of much higher integrity than the primary vendor of the other 2 brands. Additionally, for that $200 figure, you can get a fully Swiss Made Trias with either Unitas handwind or ETA2824 automatic movment from one of the most ethical dealers around...Marc at www.longislandwatch.com, a WUS sponser!

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
WOW, that is a beautiful watch. What is the Invicta model number? Does it also come with a silver or white dial? Thanks for sending "a few" pics! LOL. If you read the post from KenC, he recommends the Trias, so now it comes down to a decision between the two. I guess I would purchase the one that has a Swiss or German movement and not Chinese. But to know the answer to that, I would need to see the back of the watch. What does the back of the Invicta say? Does it say "Swiss Made" or something else? You have been very helpful.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ken C. - Thank you! Are all Trias watches Swiss made? I like the one of the photo that Watchwinder sent in an earlier post. Or see this link: http://www.longislandwatch.com/Trias_Page-1.htm Trias White Automatic Dual Retrograde Dual Time Zone Watch #21510W What about the Invicta that Dragoon recommended? It is less costly than the Trias, but I don't know if it is Swiss made.

·
Banned
3,600 Posts
The Invicta has a Citizen 21J automatic which is built by Miyota which is based in Japan. The Trias Ken is discussing has a Swiss ETA which is probably constructed in Asia from swiss parts and then the movement is shipped to Germany or Switzerland for casing and inspection. It is still a ETA automatic which is preferred by most watch collectors although usually more expensive than the Miyota.

Feel free to send me an email with any additional questions.
My email is [email protected]

·
Banned
3,600 Posts
Here is the other dial version....lume dial.

WOW, that is a beautiful watch. What is the Invicta model number? Does it also come with a silver or white dial? Thanks for sending "a few" pics! LOL. If you read the post from KenC, he recommends the Trias, so now it comes down to a decision between the two. I guess I would purchase the one that has a Swiss or German movement and not Chinese. But to know the answer to that, I would need to see the back of the watch. What does the back of the Invicta say? Does it say "Swiss Made" or something else? You have been very helpful.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I like the black dial better. The other one appears yellow on my PC screen. Thanks for taking the time to send it, though.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts