WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
raketa,omega-03.jpg
A full manufactured automatic Russian Raketa watch that was successfully selling a year ago for USD 1600 is now available for the ones counting in dollars for USD 819. While a Swiss made automatic time keeper sold in Russia, during the same period increased its price from 51 000 Russian rubles to 154 000.

It is now time for foreigners that may have hesitated a year ago, to buy a legendary russian manufactured watch, as they purchasing power increase along with ruble depreciation.

The Factory adjusted the USD prices this week, to the falling Ruble exchange.

One of Russia last Watch manufacture, the Petrodvorets Watch Factory, founded by Peter the Great in 1721, producing the famous “Raketa” watches since 1961 in honor of Yuri Gagarin, is fully taking advantage of ruble depreciation according to independent researchers.

You may have a look at the new Euro prices on : world.raketa-shop.com .

·
Registered
8,933 Posts
If I have to be honest I'm not that crazy about the design of the Raketa Amphibia, especially the dial, are you giong to revisit it anytime soon?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
But there is still a price difference between the Russian webshop and other worlds.
For example :polar Avtomat N124 cost is €753 . Meanwhile in the Russian shop: 56 000 РУБ = €654

·
Registered
517 Posts
But there is still a price difference between the Russian webshop and other worlds.
For example :polar Avtomat N124 cost is €753 . Meanwhile in the Russian shop: 56 000 РУБ = €654
True!
And i was considering a green Atom last year. It was available for 315€ and now there's no green Atom but a red one for 673€!
Sorry the price changes are so weird i think i will delete new Raketas from my "want to buy" list.

btw Is a Omega Seamster really that cheap in Russia?

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
Oh! I really like the Amphibia! Just what I need, another watch!

Does anyone know a fair comparison for Raketas quality?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,933 Posts
Oh! I really like the Amphibia! Just what I need, another watch!

Does anyone know a fair comparison for Raketas quality?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm also intrigued by the Amphibian but the gloss dial is a no go to me, I don't like it, I would prefer a matt sunburst pattern like the old ones.

I have seen no independent review on this watch and before spending that money I think somebody should testify on the quality and if it's worth of, with that money you can get a good Swiss like the Longines Hydroconquest.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Looks like the rising prices of foreign watches will eventually push Russians to stick with Russian watches, stabilising the prices.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I must admit, the availability of NOS vintage Raketas for under $200 keeps me from buying a modern one, but I love the vigor in the company. Check out this humorous job posting they put up for a position in their Paris location:

A Dream Job for you in Paris (France)! | Русские часы: Ракета / Russian Watches: Raketa

You are young, fluent in English, based in Paris and willing to take part in our worldwide expansion ! You believe “Raketa” is Russia’s coolest brand. You are ready to start small and grow with the growth of our brand worldwide. You have a commercial and entrepreneurial mind, you don’t mind working for Russians and regularly report to the Russian Secret Service at the Embassy, you accept Crimea is as Russian as Normandie is French: Send us a letter and CV in English to [email protected] Be ready for an interview in Paris from Sept. 1st to 10th.

·
Registered
8,933 Posts
I must admit, the availability of NOS vintage Raketas for under $200 keeps me from buying a modern one, but I love the vigor in the company. Check out this humorous job posting they put up for a position in their Paris location:

A Dream Job for you in Paris (France)! | Ð.уÑ�Ñ�кие чаÑ�Ñ‹: Ð.акета / Russian Watches: Raketa
There is no context today's Raketas are better watches, the question is if they are as good as their price tag.

·
Registered
8,933 Posts
$819 for a Raketa dive watch? I hope it comes with personal dive lessons from Putin.

I assume he dives - he's already shirtless.
To be honest, the Raketa Amphibia looks very well put together wth the decorated movement, monodirectional bezel etc...still for that price you can get a mid priced Swiss diver.

Also, 40 ATM with a glass back seems...optimistic.

But I would like to see a review before knocking down the watch.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts