WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone considered or has even tried to collect one watch for each letter of the alphabet? Is it even possible? I guess it's for someone that really loves horology.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Has anyone considered or has even tried to collect one watch for each letter of the alphabet? Is it even possible? I guess it's for someone that really loves horology.
Rather for someone who loves to alphabetize. I guess there are enough brands to cover all letters of the alphabet but I see no horological quest here.

·
Registered
17,054 Posts
Rather for someone who loves to alphabetize. I guess there are enough brands to cover all letters of the alphabet but I see no horological quest here.
Um...I'll confess to occasionally trying to name (to myself) as many brands of each letter I can think of...

Alpina, ALS, Armin Strom, Breguet, Breitling etc.

Q always stumps me.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
From the Watcheroo.com website:

7 brands found starting with Q
1.Q&Q
2.Quadtec
3.Quantum
4.Quantuz
5.Quiksilver
6.Quinn
7.Quinting

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
It would be an interesting exercise that would require some deft planning to get the most out of it. What if you were up to the Vs and really wanted an alarm watch but had already passed on a Memovox because you opted for a Rerverso? Do you take a Vulcain or go with VC? Vacheron Constantin is probably still the obvious answer but you really want that alarm and the Contemporaine is the only model you're interested in. The thing is, you grabbed a Calatrava earlier and just now are realizing that you prefer VC's dress watch to the Patek by a not inconsiderable amount...Dang! You should have taken a Nautilus when you had the chance!

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Um...I'll confess to occasionally trying to name (to myself) as many brands of each letter I can think of...

Alpina, ALS, Armin Strom, Breguet, Breitling etc.

Q always stumps me.
I have the same problem with R, O and S.

·
Premium Member
6,989 Posts
I have the same problem with R, O and S.
What, Red Line, Orkina, and Steel Bagelsport (or Stuhrling Original, or Swiss Legend, or Steinhausen) don't come to mind?

Reactions: ljb187

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
I seem to be stuck on buying "D"s & "O"s....don't think I'll live long enough to make it through the alphabet.

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
Quasar comes to mind for Q.

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Thank goodness for IWC, or else... :D

·
Registered
5,038 Posts

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
Undertaking something like this would lead to me having to sleep in the garage...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts