WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all!

I've currently got a 3 piece collection and looking to add a 4th.

Current collection:

1. Breitling Navitimer World (White face) on Brown Crocodile Leather Strap

2. Omega Speedmaster Professional 3572.50.01 (hesalite front and sapphire clear display back) came with leather straps but got the new Omega Speedmaster bracelet installed recently.

3. Rolex Submariner Date (Black) with ceramic bezel

For the fourth piece looking to either:

a) JLC Reverso Grande 986 (52mm x 30mm steel case) - AUD $10-12k used

b) IWC Portuguese Annual Calendar AUD $16-17k new

c) Rolex Daytona (Steel) - AUD $16k new

Key criteria for me are:
- Over 40mm case diameter
- Under AUD $20k new or used
- Leaning towards a dress watch style... But a Daytona just seems like a must..!

Please let me know your suggestions and ideas guys!

Attachments

·
Registered
12,507 Posts
G’day mate,
Forget about obtaining a brand new Rolex Daytona Ceramic Stainless Steel!

I have been waiting for over two years and still waiting!

I feel as though a Dress Watch would complement your collection really well.

For about AUD10,000.00, you could purchase a Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Ultra Thin Small Second.

·
Premium Member
73,856 Posts
I’m just itching to say Daytona though actually I think you ought to go for the Reverso as it will add a dressy dimension to your superb collection.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Wow. You could certainly argue that your current collection includes the iconic model from each of those major brands. In order to keep with the trend, I think a Reverso or a Cartier Tank would fit in very nicely. A GS Snowflake would go well, too.

·
Registered
12,507 Posts
Yes; a Cartier or a Jaeger-LeCoultre would be a nice addition!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
I'd say the Reverso. If you got a Daytona, you'd have 3 chronos and a dive watch. I think the Reverso would bring some variety. BUT if you like chronos, then by all means. :p

·
Registered
12,797 Posts
You have a great selection of sport watches, so I'd add the Reverso. It was the original sport watch that's now fully a dress watch. Iconic, like your other watches.

After you get the Reverso, clear your cache, close your browser and never come here again. You'll have a nearly perfect collection.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You're right! Mind you, I got my Sub 2 weeks after request so maybe might have luck with a Daytona too? 😛

I tried the Master Ultra Thin. Stunning watches. Was a little petite on me though. It's a shame...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree. I think a Reverso 986 will be ideal. Only 500 made worldwide. Biggest size available for reevsos. Maybe in rose gold so around AUD $22k... Might be the goer! Better start saving!!! Thanks for the suggestions guys.

·
Banned
111 Posts
In giving your already beautiful collection more spice i think the JLC would be the perfect add.

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
Daytona for sure if you can get it.
Otherwise Cartier Tank trumps Reverso for me.

·
Banned
4,239 Posts
I like the Cartier Santos, for you the large size is perfect. Three chronographs in a four set collection is overkill, there's need for a more formal watch in your collection.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Great collection, and excellent new addition options! IMHO, the IWC would be my next choice. Really clean design, and the look doesn't overlap your existing collection. That said, I also love the Daytona, and am thinking about adding one of those two myself.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts