7,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is the summary(in seconds):
Sjoo Sandstrom ORC ~-30
The Citizen +10
Grand Seiko +15
Krieger MC +26
Omega X-33 -180

The SS was only check over 3 months. It is doing better but the spec is 15sec/year.
I cannot explain the X-33, on the second, but 3 minutes slow.
Almost forgot to mention that only the SS was worn daily, and the Ventura V-tec Delta is in the shop since October.

Why no Omega MC? Because it is incrementing the seconds hand every 4 to 5 seconds. Unless it is early for a battery replacement it may have to go back to Bienne.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Thanks for the summary, Ronald. I continue to be amazed that none of yours operate within spec. A frustrating state of affairs for a HEQ devotee, I'm sure. Is the performance of these watches the same from year to year?

·
HAQ and AW moderator
7,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I am dissatisfied that they do not perform up to their specs.
For history, you can search TZ PF for posts on 01 January for the last 5 years, AFAIR.
I might trade some of what I own to get a watch that can keep to its spec whether worn or not.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Happy New Year to you and all the other accuracy addicts!
Like Bruce (I don't mean to imply I'm the authority he is), I'm surprised at the out of spec performance of your watches. Have you worn any of the others on a regular basis in other years? Don't both the Citizen and the GS say that their spec figures apply if the watch is worn at least 12 hours a day or something? I'll have to look.
I am wearing one of each of those (so far no-one has noticed two watches!) and though they aren't yet 3 months old, their extrapolated peformance is well within spec. I'm starting a serious comparison today!

·
Banned
593 Posts
Your Citizen should be better than +10 seconds.>>

I'd send it back for regulation...Mine gained 1 second last year.

Here is the summary(in seconds):
Sjoo Sandstrom ORC ~-30
The Citizen +10
Grand Seiko +15
Krieger MC +26
Omega X-33 -180

The SS was only check over 3 months. It is doing better but the spec is 15sec/year.
I cannot explain the X-33, on the second, but 3 minutes slow.
Almost forgot to mention that only the SS was worn daily, and the Ventura V-tec Delta is in the shop since October.

Why no Omega MC? Because it is incrementing the seconds hand every 4 to 5 seconds. Unless it is early for a battery replacement it may have to go back to Bienne.

·
HAQ and AW moderator
7,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I should do that with the Citizen, but first the Omega MC needs either a battery or another trip to Europe. Then maybe the SS.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I should do that with the Citizen, but first the Omega MC needs either a battery or another trip to Europe. Then maybe the SS.
Try battery first. My MC started skipping seconds over the holidays. A battery change took care of it, and it's keeping time well now.

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Maybe my crappy Sinn UX isn't so crappy after all!

·
HAQ and AW moderator
7,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
About 16 months old, which is the average time between battery changes, now that you mentioned it.

·
HAQ and AW moderator
7,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bruce, I will let you know after I get the chance to send the watch in or take it in for a battery change.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts