WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
11,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As far as I can remember, here are all the variants of the base model Seiko divers using the 7s26-0020/0029 movement and case. As you can see, they are all the same watch, but with different combinations of dials, hands, chapter rings, bezels, bezel inserts, straps and/or bracelets. sometimes the differences are minor but the watch keeps the same basic name (such as in the case of the same watch being marketed to different markets. In other cases (as in the 171 vs the A63 and the 009 vs the 175) the watch changes a very little, but is given a completely different model number. I leave it up to seiko to explain that bit of reasoning.

Here are the watches:

Japan market SKX007:

International Market SKX007:

Japan Market SKX009J:

international market SKX009K:

US Market SKX175:

SKX399K (similar but not the same as an SKX173)

SKX401K (Pepsi variant of the SKX399K)

Japan Market SKX011J:

International market SKX011K:

International SKX171:

North American Market, Sam's Club exclusive, variant of the SKX171, the SKXA61:

North american market SKXA63:

SKXA53:

SKXA55:

North american market SKXA35:

North American Market SKX173:

If there are any others, they are not coming to mind right now (and please post them).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,498 Posts
Re: REFERENCE POST - All the seiko 7S26-0020/0029 Diver Variants (the 007 and it's sibling

SKX401K

Cheers,
gigfy

·
Registered
222 Posts
Re: Collector's Guide To All the seiko 7S26-0020/9 Diver Variants (SKX007 & it's siblings)

is the dial on the skx401 dark blue or is it also black (same as the 399's)?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Re: Collector's Guide To All the seiko 7S26-0020/9 Diver Variants (SKX007 & it's siblings)

I'd be interested to find out this too - are the 401 and 399 dials different in hue? Any experts, please?:-!

is the dial on the skx401 dark blue or is it also black (same as the 399's)?

·
Banned
294 Posts

SKX031:

SKX033:

SKX023, SKX025 look like the above, but no chapter ring(?)

SKX027 IMO, no chapter ring makes it look really cheap. Super ugly:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Where is the original post ?

There once was a post at OWF with all the nick names of the seiko Divers ..
this is a link with some of the pictures from the original post but only covers the SKX's

·
Registered
190 Posts

I just purchased one of these. I like it. They are bloody rare too, quite sought after with the white dial.

I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to thank the author for the great info.

·
Registered
3 Posts

I just purchased one of these. I like it. They are bloody rare too, quite sought after with the white dial.

I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to thank the author for the great info.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
3 Posts

Oooops

I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to thank the author for the great info.

I fully agree, I think the white dial is beautiful, and the "flat" look created by absence of chapter ring is totally cool !!
(if anything, I would admit the seconds' hand is pretty bad taste --would perhaps change all three hands in fact...)

Philip - Tuna lover

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello,

I know this is an old thread but it seems to be that right place for my question.

I bought this watch a few days ago because I wanted a modern watch for diving, I like the style and it is in "as new" condition, complete with unused rubber strap.

Now, out of curiosity, I would like to identify it.

It seems to be an SKX009J 1 except that the second language for the day of the week is in Arabic!

To the right of the 6 index is written: 7s26-002L R 2. Any comments?

The s/n on the back is 196737. How old is the watch?

Richard

Seiko SKX009 - Face - small size.jpg

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hello,

It seems to be an SKX009J 1 except that the second language for the day of the week is in Arabic!

To the right of the 6 index is written: 7s26-002L R 2. Any comments?

The s/n on the back is 196737. How old is the watch?

View attachment 1529245
You're right, it is an SKX009J. The J variant was meant for export to the middle east, which is why the alternate language is Arabic. The watch was made in either Sep 2001 or Sep 2011. If you ever get a chance to see the movement of the watch (case back opened during service), check out the calibre number. 7S26A means the watch is from 2001, 7S26B or 7S26C means the watch is from 2011. I would not recommend opening the case back yourself because you take your watch diving and it has to be pressure tested after an opening.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hi guys !
I am wanting to buy a 007 or 009 ( havent decided yet ) and have been wondering about the ones that don't say made in japan on the dial near the 6 indicie ???
are they of equal quality as the made in Japan ones are they just for export ??
when purchasing on the internet like Amazon there is a big price difference am i safe with the cheaper one ???

Any reply would be much appreciated thanks

·
Registered
12,317 Posts
Hi mate, I purchased an SKX007 last week and love it and am awaiting an SKX009 this week. My SKX007 is an export version and my SKX009 will be the same. Buy with confidence! I am a West Aussie, too! Nice to meet a fellow West Aussie around here. :)

Hi guys !
I am wanting to buy a 007 or 009 ( havent decided yet ) and have been wondering about the ones that don't say made in japan on the dial near the 6 indicie ???
are they of equal quality as the made in Japan ones are they just for export ??
when purchasing on the internet like Amazon there is a big price difference am i safe with the cheaper one ???

Any reply would be much appreciated thanks

·
Registered
352 Posts

SKX031:

SKX033:

SKX023, SKX025 look like the above, but no chapter ring(?)

On the SKX031 and SKX033 variants pictured here, are the bezels original or aftermarket? They seem to have a single knurled edge, instead of the double row on all the other versions. If aftermarket (or if original, I guess), can anyone tell me where I can get one?
I'm itching to do a mod on my Pepsi SKX, and I've never liked the double row bezel. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Guys,

I have had this variant for a while. When i bought it 3 years ago the chap told me that it had been refurbished and customised with a new Clock Face... 2017-01-20 17.04.39.jpg 2017-01-20 17.05.45.jpg

·
Registered
1,330 Posts

I got 1 too. Where did you get yours ?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts