WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone noticed if particular G colors light up when in UV blacklight (bars, clubs, etc.)? Often times bright orange and green will light up, but it also depends on the material.

Pretty sure the matt black ones remain stealth, but has anyone noticed particular colors (models) that stand out in those conditions?

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Interesting question. I'll have to check it out with some of my brighter colored G's at night. My children's rooms all have blacklights instead of nightlights. It started out with just one to illuminate a hanging solar system model and some glow-in-the-dark stars on the ceiling, but it quickly turned into a mad scientist thing with multiple blacklights on timers and every cool glow in the dark or glow in the blacklight toy we could get our hands on. So far, I have never noticed anything spectacular with my G's, other than the lume on a GA1000 (a watch that actually has Blacklight illumination).

Here's a small example of what one corner of my son's room looks like, I'll update with pictures if any of my Bright G's glow tonight

And here's the lume on a GA1000. This is not in blacklight, but this is an example of what it looks like the entire time you are in blacklight.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Ok, so I just did a quick test and here's what I came up with. First of all, none of the resins in general seem to light up in blacklight near as much as cloth does. The models that really show up the best are the analogs with glow-in-the-dark lume. Keep in mind that these photos were taken in direct blacklight. If you want a watch that shows up brightly and looks cool in the settings you mentioned your best bet would be to go with an analog

First off GD100SC. Here's what the watch looks like normally

And here it is in the blacklight

Lightning yellow also shows up fairly well

Now for the analogs, even though in the pictures these don't seem much brighter, in person these are the ones that stand out really well

GPW1000

Gulfmaster

Here's a bright orange GWA1100 Aviator. Strangely only the underside of the resin lights up on this one, must be the texture

And finally, the aforementioned GA1000

1 - 6 of 6 Posts