WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,
Yet another long term reader and first (few) times poster here looking for some help. I collect mostly diver watches- obligatory Seiko stalwarts like the 007/009, the orange monster, 6309 etc, a 6105 and some other vintage ones too.
Being a photojournalist who travels plenty I find that divers put up with the abuse and conditions better than most, and its always been a passion. Anyway, I'm looking for some help with suggestions on divers with a bit of colour to them. Quartz or auto- nothing below say 40mm or above maybe 45mm. 150m minimum (I am a diver in my spare time) and which can put up with abuse (cover conflict zones mostly so watches do get battered). Most of what I own and wear are the usual staid and severe blacks so something with some colour popping on it is what I'm looking to buy. Bands, dials, lume bezels, I'd just love to see some options in one place so I have a better idea of what's out there. Water-esque colours like blues and greens are best #- but whatever you can help with I'd love to see.
Cheers.

·
Banned
270 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Oris TT1 diver is a great choice, I loved mine and let it go to another member on this forum. 300M, nice subtle blue color with wave dial, keeps amazing time, skeleton case back. Can't go wrong for the price:

·
Registered
339 Posts
What's your budget? There are plenty to choose from, but no point listing watches that are more expensive than you are willing to pay or of lower quality than you want. Do you want to stay in lower Seiko territory or move up? Everyone from Citizen, to Seiko, to Doxa, Helson, Hexa, Tudor, Maurice Lacroix, IWC, to Rolex........ and beyond do colored divers, but that also covers a large price range.

·
Banned
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
What's your budget? There are plenty to choose from, but no point listing watches that are more expensive than you are willing to pay or of lower quality than you want. Do you want to stay in lower Seiko territory or move up? Everyone from Citizen, to Seiko, to Doxa, Helson, Hexa, Tudor, Maurice Lacroix, IWC, to Rolex........ and beyond do colored divers, but that also covers a large price range.
Thanks for the input people. The green Squale, Helson and the Aquadive do stand out here and look great. Somewhere around $750-$1000 JB70. But I'm naturally happy to go lower and if things look great then just as happy to go higher. Build quality and something to catch the eye are the biggest aims here for me.

I'll take liberties and post my friend Orange's photo here for you, only because as far as colour goes, this one will make you fall in love and die a little with the need to own!
Welcome to the forum, and I'm looking forward to seeing a little more colour through the thread too, I'm a bit dive addict.
Love your avatar picture elle

·
Registered
946 Posts
Thanks for the input people. The green Squale, Helson and the Aquadive do stand out here and look great. Somewhere around $750-$1000 JB70. But I'm naturally happy to go lower and if things look great then just as happy to go higher. Build quality and something to catch the eye are the biggest aims here for me.

Love your avatar picture elle
Have you looked at Deep Blue watches? They have tons of face colors, some models with T100 tritium, etc.

Reactions: ellecousteau

·
Registered
36,279 Posts
This is jetlag for you. I hope everyone realises I meant the old standard black-dialled divers and not the unfortunate way that reads!
As the OP, you can edit your title by clicking "Go Advanced" button and altering the phrase.

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
The new Oris Aquis date deep blue with the black bezel is absolutely gorgeous. About $1250.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Hi all,
Yet another long term reader and first (few) times poster here looking for some help. I collect mostly diver watches- obligatory Seiko stalwarts like the 007/009, the orange monster, 6309 etc, a 6105 and some other vintage ones too.
Being a photojournalist who travels plenty I find that divers put up with the abuse and conditions better than most, and its always been a passion. Anyway, I'm looking for some help with suggestions on divers with a bit of colour to them. Quartz or auto- nothing below say 40mm or above maybe 45mm. 150m minimum (I am a diver in my spare time) and which can put up with abuse (cover conflict zones mostly so watches do get battered). Most of what I own and wear are the usual staid and severe blacks so something with some colour popping on it is what I'm looking to buy. Bands, dials, lume bezels, I'd just love to see some options in one place so I have a better idea of what's out there. Water-esque colours like blues and greens are best #- but whatever you can help with I'd love to see.
Cheers.

So I'm just asking here..... but if you are going to be covering conflict zones... is it a good idea to get a colorful watch ??? I might tend to think that something that draws attention might be a bad idea around Militias or whatever?

·
Registered
14,045 Posts
That topic sounded horrible taken out of context.
f809b1c25cf0e73e696afb9c029db3b4.jpg

·
Banned
5,307 Posts
I'd go with a Ball especially their newest diver.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts