WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really love this watch but not happy with the limited strap options. I know Brietling has discontinued this watch and strap. Can we ever get the deployant clasp to fit to this strap? Do we have any alternative strap options? Thanks

colt.jpg

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Lug width is 21mm, so there's not a lot of options. I'd probably look into one of the Tag Heuer style straps with a generic deployment clasp.

PM me if you like this type. I may have a new one I'll never use packed away. Black PVD generic clasps for these are available by Hadlet-Roma. The width at the buckle is 18mm.
s-l1000.jpg

·
Registered
348 Posts
Some strap options...

The black nato is a 21mm, the grey and green are 22mm. Due to the way the original strap connects to the case the options are very limited.

IMG_2259 (1).JPG

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lug width is 21mm, so there's not a lot of options. I'd probably look into one of the Tag Heuer style straps with a generic deployment clasp.

PM me if you like this type. I may have a new one I'll never use packed away. Black PVD generic clasps for these are available by Hadlet-Roma. The width at the buckle is 18mm.
Thanks but am just not worried about 21mm but also the cut on the rubber strap. The watch itself has a cut which will insert into the rubber strap. It won't work with regular strap unless there's a cut in the strap (I think).

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Some strap options...

The black nato is a 21mm, the grey and green are 22mm. Due to the way the original strap connects to the case the options are very limited.

Thanks - yeah NATO will always work but was looking for some strap and deployant clasp option.

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
After reading the response above, it comes to me that Genteel Handmade may be a good vendor to inquire from. They are a forum sponsor, and if I recall correctly, they often solve the unique attachment challenges of odd fitments.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
hello sir! i´m thinking about buying one like that but i´m worried with the 55mm lug x lug at my 6,75" wrist.... could you please tell me your wrist size?

regards

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Some strap options...

hello sir! i´m thinking about buying one like that but i´m worried with the 55mm lug x lug at my 6,75" wrist.... could you please tell me your wrist size?

regards

·
Registered
348 Posts

regards
Hi, my wrist is reasonably flat but exactly 6.75"

Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Hi, my wrist is reasonably flat but exactly 6.75"

Hope this helps
yes, yes.... helped a lot! looks nice at your wrist in the photos! but i belive that with the rubber strap it shouldn´t fit well... anyway, a friend of mine that lives in NY is coming to Rio de Janeiro this week and i´ll try his watch he´s thinking about selling it and if it fits well i´ll probably get it!

regards

·
Registered
348 Posts
yes, yes.... helped a lot! looks nice at your wrist in the photos! but i belive that with the rubber strap it shouldn´t fit well... anyway, a friend of mine that lives in NY is coming to Rio de Janeiro this week and i´ll try his watch he´s thinking about selling it and if it fits well i´ll probably get it!

regards
The rubber strap fits very well, however you need to make sure the strap is locked in place where the cut outs are near the pins and the watch itself. The first picture on this thread its not properly attached, my picture with the rubber strap is how it should fit and look.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I forgot to post! Ended buying the watch from a friend of mine! I’m very happy with the watch wears much better than i suposed. I bought a crown and buckle 21mm and also a green rubber at breitling on NY.

Regards

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I forgot to post! Ended buying the watch from a friend of mine! I’m very happy with the watch wears much better than i suposed. I bought a crown and buckle 21mm and also a green rubber at breitling on NY.

Regards
That's very good to know. I thought the straps are discontinued and not available anywhere. Maybe I should buy a replacement for future use.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
That's very good to know. I thought the straps are discontinued and not available anywhere. Maybe I should buy a replacement for future use.
I got it at the Madison boutique in ny. They told me that breitling is suposed to have those straps for a long time, but i have some concern abou it, anyway, now i have the black and the green, and i also believe that it should last for a long time, the straps are very “solid” IMHO. I saw an watch from those that this colt skyracer was inspired from the late 80’s and it is with the original strap, so as i said it should last for a long time yet..... i hope hehehe.... look at this:

https://cda.chronomania.net/forum_entry.php?id=107114

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I got it at the Madison boutique in ny. They told me that breitling is suposed to have those straps for a long time, but i have some concern abou it, anyway, now i have the black and the green, and i also believe that it should last for a long time, the straps are very “solid” IMHO. I saw an watch from those that this colt skyracer was inspired from the late 80’s and it is with the original strap, so as i said it should last for a long time yet..... i hope hehehe.... look at this:

https://cda.chronomania.net/forum_entry.php?id=107114
Thanks and loved the original watch pic which has same style straps.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts