WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys...I'm interested in a Combat Sub and have been looking around for used ones, as well.

I've read differing opinions about the quality of the Glycine bracelet, and am wondering, from a value standpoint, is it worth paying extra for a new watch with bracelet if a strap model pops up for a good price?

Seems like the bracelet is only $220 new from Iguana...not sure what they usually sell for on the forums.

Also, mainly looking at the Tudor BB "homage"...any real world experience with the finish on these, or real world/real lighting wrist shots would be great. Is the gold subtle, or is it "flashy"?? Looking for some pop, but not looking for a 70's gold watch aesthetic! ;)

TIA
-Mark in St. Louis

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Howdy,

Had 2 Glycine Observers with the metal band. The Observer is the same dimensions as the Combat diver.
I purchased a few leather straps and settled on the Di-Model Pilot. Reason being , it can be taken swimming with out any worries. It only comes in Black and Dark Brown.
Hey Guys...I'm interested in a Combat Sub and have been looking around for used ones, as well.

I've read differing opinions about the quality of the Glycine bracelet, and am wondering, from a value standpoint, is it worth paying extra for a new watch with bracelet if a strap model pops up for a good price?

Seems like the bracelet is only $220 new from Iguana...not sure what they usually sell for on the forums.

Also, mainly looking at the Tudor BB "homage"...any real world experience with the finish on these, or real world/real lighting wrist shots would be great. Is the gold subtle, or is it "flashy"?? Looking for some pop, but not looking for a 70's gold watch aesthetic! ;)

TIA
-Mark in St. Louis

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^^Strap choice aside, what did you think of the quality of the bracelets?

I've ordered a CS Red on black fabric strap (with free returns) to take a look at (no AD here)...so I guess I'll just go from there, unless I really dislike the watch itself!

-Mark

·
Premium Member
10,333 Posts
I have a Combat Sub on bracelet and love it. I don't particularly like the Combat on nylon or cloth. It, to me, also looks strange on leather (even really good leather). But, that's just me ... I'm sure there are folks who like it on leaher/nylon/cloth.

TIA
-Mark in St. Louis

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^^I almost bought that exact Combat Sub...but...couldn't pass up an Amazon Warehouse deal on a red bezel/fabric strap!

The fabric strap (calfskin lined) is actual quite comfortable, but still feels decently "substantial".

I was considering posting a bracelet WTB or ordering from Iguana...but...I think I like the watch just fine not on bracelet.

Still pondering grabbing a black bezel (like your's) from Iguana for $100...I think the combo of the gold trimmed dial and black bezel would be quite nice!

-Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts