WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you like wearing things other than a watch on your wrists? I see a lot of people wearing a watch on one hand an a leather/silver/gold bracelet on the other. If you combine gold with gold, or SS with silver it may look nice, but still a bit "overcrowded". The same question applies for rings. Of course a wedding ring is a different story since it kinda shows respect to the other person. Is the watch the only necessary accessory for a single man? I guess it depends on the situation: you can`t go to the office with a black leather bracelet, and go to a rock concert with a dress watch.

So your thoughts? Do you combine watches and bracelets/rings? Further more combining material - a golden wedding ring and a G-shock just don`t quite add up :think:.

One more thing - any one bought a Power Balance bracelet :-d. I know it`s not connected but I`m considering buying one since I have slight hearth problems.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Watches are the only jewelry I wear. My wife, on the other hand, loads up with bracelets on her non-watch wrist. Kudos for your support Mike.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I couple of weeks ago, I posted some GQ shots from Milan Fashion Week. The guys there like to load up on bracelets.

I personally think that jewelry should either be functional (e.g. watch, medical bracelet) or symbolic (e.g. weddding band, Livestrong bracelet).

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Only jewelry I wear, apart from my watch, is a gold chain my wife gave me many years ago.

We don't even wear wedding rings.

·
Registered
126 Posts
i often wear a leather and a wood bracelet along with my watch. The right hand is bare. I dont have any metal bracelets which could scratch a watch. I also dont like rubber bracelets or bracelets with big beads or stones.

·
Registered
20,935 Posts
I used to wear a blue rubber "Music for All" bracelet (I'm a guitarist myself, and the charity supports after-school and during school music programs), until it broke a few months ago. On my off time, lounging around the house, wanting to feel like a diver, I'll put two watches on, but right now, my right wrist is naked. I'm single, so I wear no ring (though if I do get married, I'd like to avoid wearing a wedding ring even then; things on my digits drive me crazy. I can't even wear flip flops that go between the toes, I have to wear something that goes over the foot).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not exactly jewelry, but when I wear my glasses, which have a nice polished metal accent, I like to coordinate them with one of my watches with similar polished metal accents.

·
Registered
33 Posts
great question!!!:-!:-!:-! I was wondering this a few days ago. I just ordered the Technomarine Cruise Mini which has a silicon strap. On my right hand I wear a heavy gold bracelet. Also, I usually wear diamond stud earring and a diamond pendant. I hope the Techno with the silicon band doesn't look bad with my other jewelry?

·
Registered
20,935 Posts
Not exactly jewelry, but when I wear my glasses, which have a nice polished metal accent, I like to coordinate them with one of my watches with similar polished metal accents.

Cool specs! I have all black plastic Ralph Lauren glasses, so when I wear them they go with anything, but I do like to pair them with something a little dressier than, say, my big, black Chase-Durer.

·
Registered
343 Posts

·
Banned
2,906 Posts
I like to wear a bracelet from time to time. Will combine that only with a simple steel watch. I have two native American bracelets. One pure silver, the other silver with inlays. Both rather big and masculine, would fall off a woman's wrist. Definitely men's pieces. And I have a Ribeiro rubber bracelet with three diamonds in it. Basically a big lack caoutchouc O-ring with diamonds set in white gold. Very understated, very classy. Can go with jeans and white t-shirt of tux. Used to wear it daily but don't anymore. Too hot in Texas.

I do wear rings when it's not too hot. One wedding ring style, one Cartier three gold, one damascene steel and gold, not all together, of course. When I feel like putting on a show for going to a club I might wear a black leather jacket, a PAM on black gator strap and a skull biker ring in silver. That's basically a disguise for me but sometimes that's fun.

Not to forget cuff links. But those are normal. And when there are cuff links, there will only be one ring and that's usually the wedding band style.

Till

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm always wearing one of two rings - one silver sovereign which i've worn for around 6 years, and one band that i wear on dressier occassions.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
watch and titanium wedding band on the left,

right will be either my 1st century Roman bronze bracelet (thin,plain) or a blue anodized braided titanium bracelet by French knifemaker Fred Perrin.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Watch on the left and wedding ring on the left- just between you and me I could do without the wedding ring but i get the silent treatment every time i suggest that I'm not a big fan of wearing one.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts