WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started collecting back in 07, caught a ShopNBC show and got hooked. First watch a Invicta Russian Diver

Had a host of that type of watch was up over 40 watches at one point then I picked up a Hamilton

Got pissed off at Invicta's constant BS and moved away from that stuff permanently

First Micro was a Benarus Baracuda

Then had three Dea Devils,went through tons of stuff till I hit the Zinex Trimix, I kinda took a break from flipping for a little over a year. Had the Zinex and a Ray Knight pam homage

Then the insanity pulled me back in and I went back n forth with all kinds of stuff most lasting a few weeks,some a few months but never happy. Always to big,to small,to tall, weak lume etc... Always some reason to flip. Started with 50-52mm watches mostly with a couple of normal size Invicta's then I bounced around the Micro's going all over the size charts.
Seems the longer I collect the less I like the big chunky status quo divers that seem to the flavor of the day. Always thought the classic sizes were to small for my 8" wrist but now
I think I have come full circle and care less about the statement and more about comfort and function. Lume is still a sticky point for me as is accuracy. My latest purchase which arrives the first of the week, I am hoping will fit the bill and will slow down the insanity of my fliping. Still have some semi affordables I can play around and flip if I get the urge but
hoping this new one will stick. Main point of this ramble is started out with 50mm plus and now down to a 41mm :)

One borrowed pic of my incoming, love this pics btw very well done. Made it my wallpaper on my phone and desk top :)

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
From a hairy beginning you've moved on to your incoming which is probably the best all round dive watch ever made, and certainly one of the best looking and well built. Hope to get one too some day.

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol I currently have one Invicta but its a 42mm thin dress watch that I keep for the very rare occasion I need one :)
I have had many more expensive watches than this Omega but they were larger and taller. Main reason I went for this
one is its very thin with killer lume and can play any field deemed necessary. Loved my Omega PO's but really hate the
co axial movement, originally was going to get an Auto but I like the grab n go versatility this has.

·
Banned
4,512 Posts
Can't go wrong with the 2255, it and the 2254 are the most rounded divers you can buy for a decent price. I don't usually like blue dials and just knew I wouldn't like the wild "electric blue" but it turns out I do like it a lot. I have a 2254 bezel on it
In some light it looks black
11532402575_5f396fc52f.jpg
and at others the blue pops out
11539841276_071f13b2d7.jpg

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I also thought about doing the bezel swap, will see how I like it on the polished mesh as is and if its to much I will probably do the same was you did.

Can't go wrong with the 2255, it and the 2254 are the most rounded divers you can buy for a decent price. I don't usually like blue dials and just knew I wouldn't like the wild "electric blue" but it turns out I do like it a lot. I have a 2254 bezel on it
In some light it looks black
View attachment 1326052
and at others the blue pops out
View attachment 1326054

·
Registered
6,160 Posts
Nice progression. The SMP 300 electric blue is one of, if not the, favorite divers. :-!

·
Registered
7,957 Posts
Get the fitted Omega rubber for it....and with the mesh you will have many bases covered. I also wore that watch on a NATO and loved it. Sadly I was wearing it when I slipped, fell and barnacles on a piling tore it off my wrist (blew out cheap buckle on NATO) and plunk it went to the bottom. Took my left forearm months to heal, and still have scars from barnacle poison. Never had another one :-(

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Get the fitted Omega rubber for it....and with the mesh you will have many bases covered. I also wore that watch on a NATO and loved it. Sadly I was wearing it when I slipped, fell and barnacles on a piling tore it off my wrist (blew out cheap buckle on NATO) and plunk it went to the bottom. Took my left forearm months to heal, and still have scars from barnacle poison. Never had another one :-(
Tell me where it happened and then watch the WRUW threads for my new seamaster ;) Really though if I had been around, you'd have had it back pretty quick :(

·
6,887 Posts
Congrats James:-!

Love the hands on that one!

Cheers
Shannon

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Great choice. My story is very similar. I have owned so many bigger divers over the years, I lost count. I am down to an Omega SMP 2221.8 blue Bond, as my one and only. Surprisingly, I am really liking the grab and go quartz. The bracelet is the most comfortable I have worn, lume is amazing, and thin enough to fit under any shirt cuff.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Lol I currently have one Invicta but its a 42mm thin dress watch that I keep for the very rare occasion I need one :)
I have had many more expensive watches than this Omega but they were larger and taller. Main reason I went for this
one is its very thin with killer lume and can play any field deemed necessary. Loved my Omega PO's but really hate the
co axial movement, originally was going to get an Auto but I like the grab n go versatility this has.
Hi there. What exactly is it with the co-axial movement you don't like? I know Lexvil isn't a fan of it, either. I value his opinion - and yours too.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
The SMP may be the quintessential dress-diver. Congrats!

·
Registered
27,204 Posts
Nice classic looking omega.

When I read "coming full circle" and saw that first picture of the invicta you bought in 07, I thought - oh man please tell me he didn't start wearing that watch again. ;-)
I thought the same. Anyways, congrats on your SMP, you made a very nice decision and the story was great too

·
Traser, Aquadive, & Dive Watch Forum Moderator
6,386 Posts
Bad A$$ piece!

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
I love that blue dial on your Seamaster! Nice story, and great result!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts