WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
That particular Invicta, as well as many others with the applied lume filled markers I think represents Invictas best tritnite. I swapped hands on this one, with Seiko lumibrite broad sword hands and the two are very close in terms of brightness and staying power. I can very easily read this watch through the night with dilated vision, where the tritnite brightness matches the lumibrite. Invicta lume quality varies greatly though, its really hit or miss.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Green Circle Font Auto part Logo

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
I have always hated Invicta's poor lume. However their new models use a completely different lume. Invicta pro diver models 0997, 1000, 1001, 1002, 11211 etc. All use superluminova which is a huge improvement. For whatever reason the 0420 uses the old tritnite but the hands glow like a champ all night while the markers were not impressive still new Invicta divers overall have better lume than in the past. Also the before mention models all have the nh35a and flame fusion crystals all for under $100-160. The build quality is also much better. Whatever new manufacturing plant they are using they are doing a much better job. I have been extremely pleased with my producers and was not expecting the good lume too!
1002 is my fave of the series... A really nice execution, IMHO

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/...69JJ7ZMlmw-ygrOnZY6sAJiu3n3rw1gLRWf6cYAEURdO9

Watch Analog watch Black Watch accessory Turquoise

·
Premium Member
11,056 Posts
Poor on the one I used to own. If you want killer lume in a diver then Seiko is definitely the way to go.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Invicta 8926obv2 (newer model):

For comparison:

Steinhart Ocean One Vintage Red (i.e., "C3"):

Rolex Submariner 116610LN ("SubC"):

21 - 25 of 25 Posts