WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

61 - 80 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Boy, you're a terrible judge of character. I'd be the one in flannel or a hoodie. Never owned any of the things you listed.

A poser is someone who wants people the think they have money when they don't, in other words Steinhart losers [edit] owners.
Again. No one cares what’s on your wrist.

God some of you people are so judge mental towards others decisions. I think I’m gonna offload what few watches I have an just get some quartz beater. I don’t want to be confused with a watch snob anymore. There’s a lot better hobbies out there where people actually support others decisions in purchases.

·
Registered
978 Posts
These Steinhart threads always end the same. Posers who are trying to make people believe they have money (probably Tony Robbins fans) and have no respect for brands vs honest people who value high craftsmanship and respect intellectual property.

Get whatever you want, it doesn't change who you really are.

·
Registered
211 Posts
These Steinhart threads always end the same. Posers who are trying to make people believe they have money (probably Tony Robbins fans) and have no respect for brands vs honest people who value high craftsmanship and respect intellectual property.

You really have quite the vendetta against “posers”.

why not just let people like what they like and realize it has no bearing on your life whatsoever? You have very strong opinions about someone simply because of their watch.

maybe they aren’t trying to “show they have money”. Maybe they like the design and that’s all the matters. Maybe they like the design and don’t want to spend $10,000 on the real thing. But to you anyone who wears something of a similar design is a “poser”. With such a judge mental outlook towards others it’s hard to see why we have such turmoil in this country....

·
Registered
1,506 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,508 Posts
With such a judge mental outlook towards others it’s hard to see why we have such turmoil in this country....
Think of the children!!! (clutches pearls)

·
Registered
978 Posts
Again. No one cares what’s on your wrist.

God some of you people are so judge mental towards others decisions. I think I’m gonna offload what few watches I have an just get some quartz beater. I don’t want to be confused with a watch snob anymore. There’s a lot better hobbies out there where people actually support others decisions in purchases.
The posers who get Rolex knockoffs are Tony Robbins drones trying to flaunt wealth that doesn't exist. No one cares, but they still try. These same people wear their watch loose or below their wrist bone so the watch gets noticed.

You're not fooling anyone, it looks like a cheap fake from across the table. Have a tad of self-worth and get a Christopher Word or some other brand that takes classic styles and adapts them to their own unique watch. You'll get more respect and it shows you have more self respect.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Or people who say, "I don't want to spend the money for a Rolex or I can't afford a Rolex but, given that I have a certain level of self respect and I respect the concept of intellectual property, I wouldn't be caught dead wearing a cheap copy." Enough with the binary BS.

"If you want my honest opinion. You're getting more for you money with the Steinhart than you are the Rolex." The lies some of you tell yourselves to justify buying a clone. I think I just injured myself rolling my eyes at this ridiculous claim.
I work with intellectual property for a good living, but I don't understand your point. Care to clarify?
Did you read what I wrote? Clearly not or perhaps reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

I don't own a Rolex. I feel subs are riduclously overpriced. There's no way I could justify spending the money for one. Additionally, I think the vibe attached to Rolex ownership is... frankly, quite gross at least in the modern era. That being said, I also find Steinharts to be equally gross, perhaps more so. At least Rolex is true to what it is while Steinhart is 100% artifice.

How about this? If you can't afford a Rolex, support some of the great watch companies out there that offer original designs at a price you can afford.

For whatever reason, there's a level of cognitive dissonance in the watch collecting community that has made wearing a fake okay. I also collect knives and "clones" - which knife collectors define as stolen designs, even if the brand name is different - are almost universally derided, along with those that purchase them.
And for whatever reason, there are people like you who have cognitive dissonance about what Steinhart offers. It's abundantly clear that you have not bothered to examine the lineup. They are not "fakes," period. But if it floats your purist-classist boat to say so, then carry on with your boat shoes.

·
Registered
211 Posts
The posers who get Rolex knockoffs are Tony Robbins drones trying to flaunt wealth that doesn't exist. No one cares, but they still try. These same people wear their watch loose or below their wrist bone so the watch gets noticed.

You're not fooling anyone, it looks like a cheap fake from across the table. Have a tad of self-worth and get a Christopher Word or some other brand that takes classic styles and adapts them to their own unique watch. You'll get more respect and it shows you have more self respect.
I do agree with your statement of getting an original design. Yes. But I don’t feel angst towards others simply because they want one that looks like a Rolex. As long as it’s not a fake Rolex then who cares.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I work with intellectual property for a good living, but I don't understand your point. Care to clarify?

And for whatever reason, there are people like you who have cognitive dissonance about Steinhart offers. It's abundantly clear that you have not bothered to examine the lineup. They are not "fakes," period. But if it floats your purist-classist boat to say so, then carry on with your boat shoes.

And for whatever reason, there are people like you who have cognitive dissonance about what Steinhart offers. It's abundantly clear that you have not bothered to examine the lineup. They are not "fakes," period. But if it floats your purist-classist boat to say so, then carry on with your boat shoes.
No. I simply think Steinhart has some original designs that are worth the money they sell them for. Just because it has a dive bezel doesn’t make it a knockoff Rolex. They have different indices, hand sets, everything.

they do make some models with Mercedes hands that make no attempt to differentiate from a Sub. Those I do not like for the reasons you’ve already stated

·
Premium Member
3,508 Posts

And for whatever reason, there are people like you who have cognitive dissonance about Steinhart offers. It's abundantly clear that you have not bothered to examine the lineup. They are not "fakes," period. But if it floats your purist-classist boat to say so, then carry on with your boat shoes.
Again, whatever you have to tell yourself to get through the night. We all know Steinhart is an obvious and shameless copy of another watch. You can't possibly be asserting that it's an original design, can you? Then again, I've read all manner of BS here so it wouldn't surprise me.

I can predict you're going to counter with the tired and easily defeated "everything is a copy of something" argument.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
The company makes cheap fake knockoffs. Doesn't matter if they also make non-fakes. They're shunned because they make cheap fakes. Anyone who supports their business should be ashamed.

Basically, if you buy a Steinhart, you're helping the terrorists win.
Texkel12 logic:

Steinhart owners are posers, losers, disgusting, have bad taste, and are helping terrorists.

(Probably should take his advice)

·
Premium Member
3,508 Posts
Actually yes. For the love of god I hope they don’t end up as judge mental and pompous as some in this thread.
FFS the word is "judgmental" it's not two words. Can we at least agree on that?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Again, whatever you have to tell yourself to get through the night. We all know Steinhart is an obvious and shameless copy of another watch. You can't possibly be asserting that it's an original design, can you? Then again, I've read all manner of BS here so it wouldn't surprise me.

I can predict you're going to counter with the tired and easily defeated "everything is a copy of something" argument.
Are Tudor making fakes?

·
Premium Member
3,508 Posts
Are Tudor making fakes?
Ding! Ding! Ding! And there it is. Give that man a (fake) Cuban cigar.

It was only a matter of time before someone trotted out the "everything is a copy of something else" argument. Jesus, at least try a little harder.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I sincerely hope the OP logs back in and read all this spirited discussion. He asked for opinions, and certainly got loads of them.

61 - 80 of 189 Posts