WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

301 - 320 of 669 Posts

·
Registered
17,821 Posts
Ads masquerading as posts are very annoying.

Have the pictures I've uploaded over the past ten years disappeared? I can't find a way to access them.

My profile no longer shows my watch collection.

Will the signature rules be uniformly enforced? In the past they were not.
I can't find my old pics, either.

There also isn't a Cancel button if I decide that I don't want to post a reply.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Trophies, why are they and what are they there for? I know that this place can sometimes become pretty childish and all but trophies? Are they really the thing that WUS needs here to attract and keep members? Just saying, it's all too facebooky with the trophies and reactions. Maybe WUS can just do WUS and let fb and ig and the rest of the sm appeal to the insecure.
You can simply ignore them then. ;)

The developers will be working on making the trophies more relevant in the future.
Oh, do I? Really? 🤨
I even have my "Alert" page full of notifications about them (they appeared before I could manage my preferences to turn them off) and it looks like they will last there forever, as I can't find any "delete" button. :mad:

If WUS' new main target is a bunch of thirteen y.o.kids whose main occupation is to lock themselves in toilets to make lenght comparisons, then trophies might be ok (although likely even fb wouldn't dare to fall this low anymore).
Otherwise, as far as I am concerned I wouldn't ask the developers to waste a single minute of their precious and much more needed elsewhere time to improve such a childish feature. Ridiculous.
(well, maybe they could use 10 seconds to add a "Do you want to participate in trophies - Yes/No" box to tick. :sneaky: )

Other than that:

- as others have said, both the light and the dark themes, as they are now, really tire the eyes;

- there's so much blank space around and post are so poorly composed graphically (separation lines, quotes and s.o.) that compared to the old version the overall reading experience is a very user-unfriendly pain in the a**;

- the vast majority of old photos have been mainly turned into thumbnails, a topic may load faster but what's the use if it has become necessary to click on each image to view it in detail, losing twice the time?

- the "Recommended reading" section at the bottom of a page is too instrusive, and its algorithm must have some serious issues... if anybody has a logical explanation to why somebody reading this random thread

should be given these "recommendations"

please enlighten me. :unsure:
Rather than a fixed-option poll about their relevance (sic), wouldn't it be possible to simply add a "Turn Recommendations OFF" button?

- a homepage is a homepage, period.
Favorites/Recommended/Whatever should be subsidiary to it, not the other way round.

All of the above IMHO, of course....

Hopefully the new format will improve in the coming weeks (LOTS of room for that...), but as it is now I see myself spending less time here and contributing less than I did before, and can only deeply regret there is not an option to switch back to the old site.

·
Registered
17,821 Posts
Pop quiz:
Which of these posts did I "Like"?

Suggestion: rather than changing the word "Like" from dark gray to darker gray, change the word to "Unlike", which describes the action that would happen when I click it to Unlike a post. That's what the old forum had anyway.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Did everything you outlined (including hitting save) and still, no indication I've commented in a particular post.
Yes, this is the most useful feature of the old interface - I can immediately scroll and see the threads I've posted in and check them out if I want. Now it's just a mass of ALL threads with no indicator anymore so I have to remember what threads I'm in and now I have to look at each thread title again to think and wonder.....

Yes, I can click my icon on the upper right and get to the link that lists ALL posts I've contributed to but that's in ALL forums. If I'm in Seiko, I just want to see Seiko posts and I could before when I was in that forum.

So if this functionality is supposed to work, I don't think it does.

·
Registered
17,821 Posts
Feature request:

Take the Edit button out of that doggone blasted "hot dog menu" and put it next to Reply/Quote/Like.

hashtagSoCalledDiscoverableControlsSuck

·
Registered
38 Posts
I dislike the look of the new forum, as well as all modern forums. Too much whitespace and the makers of the forum software are afraid to draw grids and lines. Came to browse and I will be spending less time here. I wonder if overall traffic will lower.

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
Feature Request:
Leave the kabob menus as it is, you made the right choice.

Change the "Show Full Signature" behavior to disappear if the signature can be shown without expanding the post, i.e. one line normal font signature. It annoys me that I can read the top half of my one-line signature but have to click on the "button" to see the bottom half. BTW, this behavior is inconsistent, on some of my posts today, it already works this way.

Add "Show Threads that were Originated After" control to post filter device.

Populate a Gallery with our old Attachments contents. As someone else said, this may be the only place some pictures exist. Well, you do have a good argument that they wouldn't be in the Attachments if they weren't in a post somewhere but just try to find it.

hashtagLifeIsDiscoverableEvolveOrGoExtinct

·
Premium Member
6,662 Posts
Can I please have the ability to used different sized fonts and colors in my signature? Right now it's wonky in font sizes, and I can't update it because those options don't exist in the signature dialog.

Reactions: SunnyOrange

·
Registered
17,821 Posts
Another bug to fix (but this happens a lot with Bootstrapped sites) --

Pressing the spacebar to scroll down a page's worth of content makes the bottom couple lines slide up and hide under the navbar (the one with the "Search Community" search box). If it happens to be someone's post, it would be hidden under the navbar and require the user to "unscroll" to see it, making navigation harder.

Might need to put the navbar in a separate div above the forum content. Either that or add padding to the top of the content body.

·
Premium Member
6,662 Posts
I'd also like to request a "Following" icon right besude the "New" icon in the top title bar.

Thank you... this is the same forum software I am used to on another forum I moderate, so I like it a lot! The photo feature improvement alone is worth the switch.

·
Registered
17,821 Posts
I'd also like to request a "Following" icon right besude the "New" icon in the top title bar.

Thank you... this is the same forum software I am used to on another forum I moderate, so I like it a lot! The photo feature improvement alone is worth the switch.
Oh, hey -- would you know where all our previous photos ran off to?

And does this template have a "Cancel" button so we can throw away post replies if we decide to not reply after all?

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
I just ran into the "Cannot Edit More Than Ten Posts in Seven Days" message. This flies directly in the face of my posting methodology and I cannot see the reason for this limitation. From a resource standpoint, what's the difference between making and editing a post? What's the harm in the eleventh eidt?

For BarracksSi, I could take your argument to it's complete conclusion but I won't. I'll leave it an exercise for the student.

Hey, this is bizarre, I can edit this post. Admins: I found the message when trying to edit something I posted before the change.

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
Oh, hey -- would you know where all our previous photos ran off to?

And does this template have a "Cancel" button so we can throw away post replies if we decide to not reply after all?
Sorry for the snip, I just found it funny to copy your style. I don't actually care what the outcome is but too many separate controls are as confusing as buried ones. I've been learning Vegas Video editing software and if you think this is complicated and hard to discover...

To answer your first question, they are only saved as assets if you actually used them in a post so they are out there. I suspect the "Assets" dialog was a table that connected you to all your posted pictures and was likely discarded during the crossover (I'm sure it's present in their old instance; it just wasn't supported in this new software. (BTW, I'm seeing a great deal of similarity between this interface and that of OmegaForums, hmmm.....)

The second question; I've wondered about that in the OF interface as well. In OF, if you type something in the box and then navigate away without posting it, whatever you write follows you around until you mark and delete it so you can write another response. Same here, hmmm.......

The answer is to delete whatever you have written in the box by marking and deleting it with the delete key.

·
Registered
10,626 Posts
First off, thanks for the patient replies.

My big question though as someone who posts lengthy reviews here with lots of pictures is

What is the max pic number now per post?

I could post well over 100 before if needed

As someone who mostly uses Tapatalk, it seems much faster and more stable.

The mobile browser version also seems much better.

The desktop version seems improved and I will echo the desire for a 1 or more medium toned viewing modes with softer contrast and more definition between content elements. But I haven’t spent much time in the desktop browser recently on either the old or new system.

I much prefer the inbox and sent version of PMs to conversations.

PMs don’t seem to work with tapatalk anymore.

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
You can simply ignore them then. ;)

The developers will be working on making the trophies more relevant in the future.

- Cricket
So, the way this works is that you have systems engineers that come up with bright ideas they'd like to see in the app, often from things they've seen elsewhere. If the idea passes muster, it goes in the spec. like "The application shall support trophies", often nothing more than that.

So, the developers say "Trophies!, WTF are trophies?" Well, I guess we'll just have to invent some.

Not being the tallest tentpole, it gets ignored to the last minute and the actual contents get left up to the zit-faced intern (not a diss on either interns or zits, I've been both). So we get what we see.

A more relevant trophy would be on the lines of "More than Two Compliments from Watchbreath" or something like that. Maybe "Made Three Hundred Posts Without a Single Like" or "Finally Posted After a Five Year Hiatus"*. Just give them time, software engineers can be a crafty bunch when there's nothing better to do.

*The actual text on the hiatus should be more on the lines of "Just Got Out of Prison".

·
Registered
437 Posts
off topic pic insertion test. That sound dirty....

edit. that was easy.

This new style of XenForo is hard to differeniate the borders, especially in white mode. Try dark mode, people, see if you like it better. I do for sure, and many others do as well.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I like the new design overall, and I can tell the forums are faster too. All in all, good job!

Not sure if this suggestion has been made already, but I would prefer having the Following option be single click. Instead of needing to click my profile picture and then click Following, maybe move the Following button to the left of the profile picture?

301 - 320 of 669 Posts