WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hey folks, I wanted to make a short video comparing some of the popular Marine models next to each other. I'm obviously a bit of a Marine watch nut to own all of these ;-)

I just received my Marine Original 36 small seconds and I'm over the moon with it. It's the size I think I've been craving for this watch all these years, so hoping others find this comparison useful!

I've also created an album with some comparison shots and wrist wearing to get an idea of how it looks on the wrist compared to other Marines. My wrist is 6.5".

I think I might eventually own Stowa's entire catalogue....

·
Registered
800 Posts
A few days ago I asked this subforum how silver vs lacquered white dials appeared in different lighting, needless to say your video was most helpful. Thank you.

also, the photos link is seems to be broken?

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Great video, thank you. Some slight differences in the Stowa Marine models that I'v noticed over the years :

----Though the MA is only 40mm, its dial looks larger than that of the MO (41mm) due to the thinner bezel and lack of a small seconds
----The MO has slightly different hands than the MA, they are slightly thicker an nicer to me
----The MA without a date and in a polished case is the most attractive in my opinion

and finally - not sure whether or not I like the Roman numeral models as much as the Arabics???

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Nice work! I received my Stowa w/small seconds in 36mm last month and I couldn't be happier. Thanks to posts like yours and previous posts on this forum, I felt comfortable in going with the smaller version even though my wrist is 7.25". Unlike the fliegers which were purposely large at the outset, I don't think that was particularly relevant with the marine style pieces, although I could be wrong. As a marine aficionado, feel free to set me straight ;) Great line-up you have there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts