WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally got the 1000T after five anxious days due to US customs. After the 1000s of Doxas imported you'd think they'd have their act together. It was worth the wait|>. Now for my impressions. It wears like the 600T, maybe a tad more comfortable, if that's possible. My wife asked why I kept looking at it and I said because I can't tell it's there. Regarding the color, The 600T is a tad darker, a casual observer would be hard pressed to tell the difference. The height difference is undetectable when being worn the largest difference being the caseback. It's like you took any shortcomings of the 600T and fixed them. The 1000T has got more lume on the hr. markers and minute hand. A better Crown. As to the bezel it's a tossup, I like them both and actually favor the 600T as it's got a firmer action. Finally solid end links and screw pins at last. The crystal is perfect. I compared it to a 36 year old Waltham with an acrylic crystal and when you look at them from the side it's hard to tell the difference. Doxa IMHO you've got another winner:-!:-!. You did what you intended.
I love it, but then I'm biased and can honestly say, I've never met a Doxa I didn't like:-d:-d:-d.

Joe

·
Registered
629 Posts
Joe, great pictures -thanks for sharing.:-! I like the polised middle links of 600T's better than the brushed on 1000T.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I've really been waiting on this comparison. Thanks for your efforts. The bracelet alone would sway me to the 600 T. They are bound to bring this back. It must be one extra step in finishing that has been eliminated. I would like the screwed in pins, but then again, once it is adjusted it's adjusted. Now, will you keep both? :think: You are a doxaholic then!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Nice comparison pics! Thanks! |>

·
Registered
656 Posts
Thanks for giving us the comparo. It looks like the fish logo on caseback of the 1000 has Geneva striping behind it. Did they go back to the inserted coin or is it stamped like the 750?

G

·
Joe -
Thanks for the pics especially the front view and side(crown) view. Really helpful. :thanks

I'd love to see a 1000T sharkie on a black 20mm carbon fiber strap....that would probably do it for me once and for all b-)

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've really been waiting on this comparison. Thanks for your efforts. The bracelet alone would sway me to the 600 T. They are bound to bring this back. It must be one extra step in finishing that has been eliminated. I would like the screwed in pins, but then again, once it is adjusted it's adjusted. Now, will you keep both? :think: You are a doxaholic then!!
I won't part with any of them. I'm a little late responding because 1 hr after I posted a lightning strike took out my phone service and fried my DSL modem. Just got back to the Forum today. Meanwhile I've been dying to see other impressions of the 1000's.

Joe

·
Registered
620 Posts
I won't part with any of them. I'm a little late responding because 1 hr after I posted a lightning strike took out my phone service and fried my DSL modem. Just got back to the Forum today. Meanwhile I've been dying to see other impressions of the 1000's.

Joe
Gee sorry about that. I've been awaiting more thoughts on the 600 T and the 1000 T from you. Welcome back.

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,627 Posts
1 hr after I posted a lightning strike took out my phone service and fried my DSL modem. Just got back to the Forum today.

Joe
Sorry to hear that. Must be that time of year. Same thing happened to me this last week as well. Luckily, the phone company was out the next day with a new DSL modem and I was up and running in no time. Glad you are back..........:-!

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry to hear that. Must be that time of year. Same thing happened to me this last week as well. Luckily, the phone company was out the next day with a new DSL modem and I was up and running in no time. Glad you are back..........:-!
I run a combination modem wireless router so the repair guys don't carry the replacements. You have to order them from AT&T. From the start of June it's the rainy season in Ocala. This results in daily T-Storms. Ocala is known as the lightning Capitol of the world. The storm that took out my phone service and modem was a Doozy. When I put in my service call they were all backed up. I've been pretty lucky though as this is the first problem I've had in three years.

Joe

PS There sure is a lot of catching up to do after missing a week on this forum.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts