WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In my informal vintage collecting, I have found Eberhard, established in 1887 in La-Chaux-de-Fonds to have produced some very interesting watches.

Even though I don't have them all to take a family picture, as two are still in California at my Sister's (I'll pick them up in August) and one is at the Watchmaker being serviced, I picked up a more modern 'sibling' yesterday to go with my other 4 Eberhards, 3 of which are vintage - so I'm slightly 'cheating' here but of course there isn't a 'Misc Brand' forum as far as I know to post - and sometimes isn't it worthwhile to compliment vintage watches and their successors ??

So here are the 3 vintage Eberhards, a 40s steel chronograph, a 40s 18ct gold Extra Fort chronograph, a late 50s 18ct gold 'bumper' automatic and my newest, a White Ltd Ed Moonphase chrono with it's sibling, a Black Champion Chrono - very nice, high quality watches for 'good' prices - IMHO, cheers, Scott

·
Banned
4,045 Posts
Sweet, sweet eye candy. So tasteful and classy, Scott.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Go on you all knew it would happen:-d

IMG_1101_zpsdd33779d.jpg

Thanks Scott for another chance to post this pretty little thing, Nice watches by the way.

Matt

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Matt - yeah ! I thought about referencing yours in the thread because it's a little earlier, 'classic' Eberhard style I haven't found yet, plus it's a black dial (!) because I have been focused on the 40s/50s chronos - of course the bumper is a fairly dressy watch.

Okay now everyone needs to post their Eberhards !!

I need to keep my eyes out for one more like yours ! Cheers, Scott

Also even though they are round, your lugs are similar in style to the first steel chrono...

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mmmm, what a nicee :)
Laikrodukas - thanks - I know it's not vintage... But it was issued as a limited edition to celebrate 100 years for Eberhard - 1887-1987.

But for some reason there was also only one other bidder so I got it for 30% of the other prices I have seen for this watch.... In the first 24 hours, it's off 2 seconds....Scott

Reactions: busmatt

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Okay now everyone needs to post their Eberhards !!

I need to keep my eyes out for one more like yours ! Cheers, Scott
You heard the man let's see 'em.

Mine was one of those chance finds, I'd looked in the sellers watch case twice and he'd just put this one out after selling some when I walked by for the final time, I'll keep my eyes peeled for you.

Matt

Reactions: Sdasurrey

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Matt ! Your lugs swivel right ? That's the style I was referring to ....

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wonder why I do not find these 1 bidder auctions :D
'L' - let me slightly clarify - there were 3 total but one one bidder went slightly above the offer price - only one was competing against me in the last 10 seconds but was 'short' of my max bid. That's one of the reasons I don't like waiting completely to the end of an auction because it doesn't give someone more leeway to 'probe' others max bids, leaving time to respond if you want... Cheers... Scott

Reactions: busmatt

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Thanks Matt ! Your lugs swivel right ? That's the style I was referring to ....
Yep they swivel alright and that's what drew me to it in the first place, always wanted a swing lug:)

Matt

·
Registered
13,428 Posts
Nice collection, from a great historical company that is re-establishing itself too.

all nice pieces.
Adam

1 - 12 of 12 Posts