WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a new (to me) very good condition 3570.50 Speedmaster Pro. While taking out a link to fit it to my wrist, I noticed the pin that holds the two clasp pieces together is loose. Its very easy to push out and though it's hard to make it happen, just wiggling the bracelet will cause it to back itself out.

Attached is a picture of the section I am referring to. It is the pin in the joint resting on my middle finger.

Is this a common issue? I know the inks have a piece in the middle section that holds the pins in. This clasp section does not have this. Should it? Can I take the one from the link I removed and use it in the clasp piece?

Attachments

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
Just had a look at mine and it looks like its heads are mushroomed on both heads so this stops it coming out. Either give it to a watch guy or try doing it yourself by tapping the ends to flatten them but yours may not be long enough and find it difficult. I imagine you cant buy this part so you would have to buy a new clasp or try the methods with a longer pin. Maybe AL will come along a suggest how he deals with this problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts