WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks,
Going to purchase a beautiful Concord Carlton, I'm buying because I can get it at 50% off, again the Omega gets put aside for a sweeter deal. Well anyway and I'm nto sure if I've asked already but what's the word on the Concord brand, I've seen them priced in my area fron 2K to 18Kso by the pricing alone I'm assuming this company is in company with high side of luxury brands.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Peace,
Preston

·
Registered
18,166 Posts
Hey Folks,
Going to purchase a beautiful Concord Carlton, I'm buying because I can get it at 50% off, again the Omega gets put aside for a sweeter deal. Well anyway and I'm nto sure if I've asked already but what's the word on the Concord brand, I've seen them priced in my area fron 2K to 18Kso by the pricing alone I'm assuming this company is in company with high side of luxury brands.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Peace,
Preston
Fashion watches with nice cases and bracelets... I couldn't find anything about the actual movement other than 'Swiss quartz'. I'm supposing they are ETA Fashionlines... Looking on the bay half off list seems to be the going price for new ones. Not HEQ except in the price sense.

For the same price you can get a good used Omega that's done depreciating.

For less you can get a new Belair with what I suspect are comparable cases and bracelets.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So then what makes a high end quartz high end?? Name branding or module technology?? Please advise thank you.
Peace,
Preston

·
Banned
593 Posts
My definition of high-end quartz.>>

If the watch is quartz driven, and cost over a 1000 bucks, then I'm a believer!

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the watch retails for $1895.00 in Canada but I'm getting it for 50% off but that's not why I'm buying, I've been watching the brand for a long time and with this deal I'm going to take it. They're clearing out the old stock to make room for the new lines from Concord.

But really folks what makes a high end quartz?? After all with my Omega experience of sending me 2 Seamasters that had a second hand that wouldn't hit on the indices besides the one in the display being the same for a total of 3 not hitting on the indices I have to wonder. I've seen this with Tag, Citizen etc. as well. All brands discussed here on the forum.

It does not bode well for so called "high end" quartz watch companies that can't get the second hand to hit on the indices or take the time Quality control wise to make sure that it does yet I can go by a $25 Casio and it hits every time on the indices.

Another instance: I buy a very cool Locman Chronograph for a considerable sum I might add that I consider a "high end" quartz which by the way hits on the indices but when showing it off I get comments like "nice fashion watch" instances like this has to force me to get to the bottom of the HEQ thing.

Not trying to be a goof here I just need a technical/factual explanation to what HEQ is, not just personal opinions or what's popular.

Peace,
Preston

·
Registered
18,166 Posts
Not trying to be a goof here I just need a technical/factual explanation to what HEQ is, not just personal opinions or what's popular.
Bruce (our esteemed moderator) has a description he has used in the past. But, in general, the forum has centered more on the movements than on the casing and bracelets.

Really nice casing and bracelets are good things... they can make you like or dislike a watch.

But these things are all subjective. I have some Swatch Watches I consider HEQ... but many wouldn't largely on casing (and pricing) issues.

My prejudice tends to run against vendors who don't describe their movements. To me, the movement is the heart of the watch. All else is transport. Other horologists will disagree. That's good. If we were all of the same mind, our posts wouldn't be nearly as interesting :-d

1 - 6 of 6 Posts