WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from a novice: I bought a Concord Mariner automatic 4 years ago at 50% discount from an authorized dealer at ~$1,100 ("sugg. retail ~$2,500"); now the watch stopped working; I sent it for repair to the Movado center in New Jersey and they want $656.45 for overhaul and movement service + another $120 for the crystal (glass);

question: is it wise to spend that much money on a watch I barely see mentioned among the better and more popular Swiss watches; can anybody tell me about the reputation of Concord watches and how they rate against brands like Tag Heuer, Breitling etc.

·
Registered
11,474 Posts
from a novice: I bought a Concord Mariner automatic 4 years ago at 50% discount from an authorized dealer at ~$1,100 ("sugg. retail ~$2,500"); now the watch stopped working; I sent it for repair to the Movado center in New Jersey and they want $656.45 for overhaul and movement service + another $120 for the crystal (glass);

question: is it wise to spend that much money on a watch I barely see mentioned among the better and more popular Swiss watches; can anybody tell me about the reputation of Concord watches and how they rate against brands like Tag Heuer, Breitling etc.
concord once held a more lofty position and once was noted for creating the worlds thinnest watch; the delerium was only 1.98mm thin. concord was once also he official gift of state for the united sates though i'm not certain which model. like so much of the industry they have fallen on hard times but they do have an interesting history imo. whether your watch is worthy of repairing is a call you will have to make.

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
Why is there a need for crystal replacement?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts