WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just spoke to my UK Local AD an hour ago. Prices are increasing by 5% on 1st october.

Also elsewhere on other forums people are saying similar

Thing is, will this majorly sky rocket the Grey price of The Batman?

·
Registered
11,480 Posts
Yep much chatter over on TRF about this. Seems to be confirmed by many AD's and those in the know.

·
Registered
78 Posts
That’s another £250 I’m going to have to save for my Explorer I next year.

I hear that Sinn are also putting their prices up worldwide on the 1st of October.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
man I was just there and planning another trip in November, always have this happen to me when the price is good and I pass only to have it jump...well no sense in worrying about it as the spread isnt big enough for me to buy there vs locally now if they jump 5%.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Don’t you guys pay an ungodly amount for these already?
for us travelers it was a good deal, when I was just there a 116234 was $6500 if I was doing the math right out of the heathrow Rolex shop, even with customs that is still a grand less than US MSRP

·
Registered
78 Posts
I’m guessing there may be another adjustment next year after Brexit to factor in any costs due to added tariffs etc.

·
Registered
9,064 Posts
Don’t you guys pay an ungodly amount for these already?
We certainty do, it's not called 'rip off Britain' for nothing! :-d Don't know why I'm laughing? :roll:

Reactions: solesman

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Does it matter? All that is going to happen is the watch that you couldnt buy last week due to no stock is going to be a bit more expensive if you COULD buy it. But you cant.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Wonder how long it's going to be before a U.S. price increase. I've been tracking some SS grey market prices and several models from DavidSW just increased.

·
Registered
73 Posts
That’s another £250 I’m going to have to save for my Explorer I next year.

I hear that Sinn are also putting their prices up worldwide on the 1st of October.

In the US at least, Sinn price increase went in effect on 1 Sep

·
Registered
11,480 Posts
Still, not a ripoff when you can't even buy the watch you want due to scarcity! :-d

We certainty do, it's not called 'rip off Britain' for nothing! :-d Don't know why I'm laughing? :roll:

·
Registered
9,064 Posts

·
Registered
9,064 Posts
It's essentially like bread prices going up in the Soviet Union - of purely academic interest as there is no actual bread.
It's easier to get hold of Novichok in the Soviet Union, than bread. :-d

·
Registered
749 Posts
For the majority of the coveted watches this price increase is irrelevant.. the one in 2020 shall be the one decisive

1 - 20 of 21 Posts