WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am confused about the topic of wrist presence. I own an Invicta 8926C and have a friend that owns a Rolex Submariner. According to the specs, the watches are identical in size. However, my friend's watch seems to have much greater wrist presence than mine. I have a smaller wrist as well, so in theory shouldn't my watch look more pronounced than his? I have not tried on his Rolex, but in my mind the bracelet taper on the Rolex might be what is creating this illusion. His watch seems to "pop" more on his larger wrist than mine.

Any thoughts on this? Or maybe I am imagining things because I am looking at my grail?

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
The Rolex is a thousand times the watch. This is like comparing a large cubic zirconia to a smaller sized diamond...incomparable to those who know...but easily fools those who don't. You know...so you see the difference.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Rolex is a thousand times the watch. This is like comparing a large cubic zirconia to a smaller sized diamond...incomparable to those who know...but easily fools those who don't. You know...so you see the difference.
I think it's all in my head too. Thank you for your response.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Agreed

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Is it the appearance of the actual color? The Rolex has a superior crystal. The Invicta mineral crystal tends to have a clouded appearance so the black dial actually appears dark grey. So the dial on the Rolex will appear blacker and contrast will be higher than the Invicta.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts