WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

Was just wondering before my watch arrives, according to each of these websites, the Girard- Perregaux WW.TC Shadow has different water resistant marks of 30m, 50m and 10ATM(100m) and also comes with different straps, either a leather or rubber strap on different websites. Most of the websites portrays the watch to be 30m or 50m but the original GP website states that it is 10ATM. And also some websites have it on leather and rubber straps but the original website only has it in rubber. Why is it so?

These are the references to the websites which I got the infos from

PW, the Wristwatch Guide: Girard-Perregaux ww.tc Shadow

Girard-Perregaux ww.tc shadow

GP website

WW.TC SHADOW - 49820-32-611-FK6A

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
I'd go with the GP website. Those other sites don't look like real watch technical sites, just compilers of press releases, thus they typically don't pay a lot of attention to detail. I've seen stuff like this a lot. They get a press release or some info and they're interested more in throwing something up there to catch the attention of the search engines so they can place ads, rather than providing real and accurate information for watch collectors.

So, the only real and true source of information here is GP.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
What Girard Perregaux states is infinitely more reliable than seller websites. That is not to say an error couldn't be made by GP, but it is far less likely.

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
When in doubt, trust the people who are making the actual product over those that are selling it.
I'm not being mean to the OP but if this wasn't already obvious (a bit like breathing is required to stay alive) then I'm flabbergasted. I mean - really????????????

·
Registered
18,166 Posts
I'm not being mean to the OP but if this wasn't already obvious (a bit like breathing is required to stay alive) then I'm flabbergasted. I mean - really????????????
Be kind to nubies! We were all nubies once...

Reactions: akasnowmaaan

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Be kind to nubies! We were all nubies once...
I really don't think I was being mean. In fact if you look through my posts my raison d'etre is the opposite.

If you buy anything you should go with what the manufacturer recommends and not some middle man salesperson. You don't have to be a newbie or an oldie to understand something this basic do you?

My rather honest reply was meant to stick in the head - not offend.

Regards,

·
Registered
18,166 Posts

My rather honest reply was meant to stick in the head - not offend.
It did at least one. Maybe both. There might have been a better way to phrase it. ... but sometimes that is not as easy to do. ... just my thoughts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts