WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Congratulations! You just sold your company for $1,000,000 (net). What watch(es) are you buying to celebrate and where are you spending your time.

I realize there is probably a billion of these kinds of threads but I think they’re fun. I also realize $1,000,000 isn’t actually that much money but this is hypothetical.

Personally, I’ll be headed to Nashville wearing my new RM 035. Or the Patek Philippe 5180/1r as an alternative.

·
Registered
15,486 Posts
Speaking as to how I feel today..

I’d buy an Explorer 114270 to commemorate the moment and decamp to South East Asia / South America, never to be seen again.
in Singapore (part of South East Asia), USD 1,000,000 won't get you very far.

·
Registered
8,826 Posts
A new 2020 Bond Seamaster & a small place on the coast of Portugal...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,549 Posts
OP, can you explain how these kinds of threads are "fun"; and, who is to say "that $1,000,000 isn’t actually that much money".

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Probably one of those snazzy Casio GPS watches, like an Oceanus or MR-G. I would be doing a little traveling and it would be an excuse to get one!

·
Premium Member
IWC Porsche Design Titan, IWC Pilot Spitfire, Sinn EZM 10
5,051 Posts
I would ask Sinn to take a titanium EZM 10 and add a flyback function to it. Then add a split-seconds function to it like Habring's design. Then, instead of black pushers that were slightly raised off the case, I would have them match the rest of the case and be completely flush like an old IWC Porsche Design chronograph. Let's take the date, the 24-hour sub dial, the 12-hour elapsed time sub dial, and the running seconds sub dial off the main dial (like a Sinn EZM 1 without a date, or a Damasko DC 80, totally clean). We'll replace the countdown bezel with a 12-hour GMT dial so we can read elapsed hours off the bezel after we turn the arrow opposite the current hour hand. Have Sinn replace the crappy hollow rivets with corrosion-resistant solid rivets on the bracelet clasp so I don't break two of them. And since I'm only using three of the four available spaces for pushers, let's add a function that advances the hour hand with the fourth pusher. No need to worry about dates, we took that out.
Can Sinn do that for a million bucks?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
A million is a lot of money on its own, but I wouldn't do anything out of the ordinary. Perhaps expedite my plan to get another beater and chronograph. Total cost would probably be less than $8k. The rest? Some towards another car (maybe $40$), a bunch towards the mortgage, and hopefully a chunk to savings/investments. If the net was like $10M, my answers would probably be different.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: RC Crown

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
I'd probably get a pre-owned Lange 1 and then invest the rest.

Reactions: 94574

·
Registered
497 Posts
Some MB&F / De Bethune type watch.

Maybe an Erotic by UN.

Something unique that’s for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
89 Posts
Presumably the sale means you are actually a good, practical businessman, you'd buy a Casio, start the stopwatch and put the rest of the money to work on your next project.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts