WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I must have some sort of Connie addiction, cause I’ve just spent part of my holiday bonus on another one, not long another my first. This one is different to my other Connie in that it has silver markers and hands. It also has a 561 movement in it. Does anyone know if the glass looks original? Well just thought I share my addiction problem with everyone:-D

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Very nice! Obviously Connies are contagious.

Fortunately my wife has seen to it that I have been inoculated against the "VCF". She says that I will have to be content with my "one and only".

:roll:

Fr. John+

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
:-D:-D Connie viruses are very contagious.. i seem to be terminally inflicted. Dial is all original.. when you take this one for a service try to get the hands changed as these are incorrect hands and get the correct crown and you'll be looking for number 3 :-!

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I can't tell from the picture whether the crystal has the "Ω" symbol in the middle. It should look something like this:

I do know that Omega did make the Rolex style "cyclops" crystal for some Constellation models. Yours could be one of them.

Agree w/Mamas on the hands. They should not be hanging over the edge of the pie-pan.

Very nice watch!
gatorcpa

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, didn't notice the hands or the overhang:think: will get it sorted. Are original hands still availible? Gator there is no Omega symbol etched in the glass, so it's not original just on this fact alone?

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Probably not.

But you can buy a genuine Omega relacement at Ofrei.com or julesborel.com. Be sure you specify a silver inner ring when you order, as most vintage Constellations were either gold capped or solid gold. The silver is a little harder to find, but shouldn't be a problem.

Your watchmaker can order it along with the hands!

Enjoy,
gatorcpa

1 - 8 of 8 Posts