WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a decision to make....my connie is in for a service, and they have told me as part of the service they replace the glass. The glass I have on it now is an Omega Cyclops one and I was going to replace it with a plain one…That is until they told me that the Cyclops crystal is no longer available. Now don’t know what to do:think:

What would you do….. I like the cleaner look of the plain crystal, but should I keep the original look of the (now unavailable) Cyclops crystal??

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
If I liked the plain better, then I'd hae ti replaced, but would ask for them to save the original cyclops crystal for two reasons:

1. It's always good to have original parts that came with the watch.

2. You could either reverse the process or give the original part to a new owner, if you ever decided to sell.

Hope this helps,
gatorcpa

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It helps a bit Gator...guess what I really would like to know is; putting aside my preferences would people on this forum prefer it plain, or cyclops

·
Registered
223 Posts
If I liked the plain better, then I'd hae ti replaced, but would ask for them to save the original cyclops crystal for two reasons:

1. It's always good to have original parts that came with the watch.

2. You could either reverse the process or give the original part to a new owner, if you ever decided to sell.

Hope this helps,
gatorcpa
I totally agree with gatorcpa. Personally I also prefer plain crystals. If I was you I would go with what you prefer. Keep the original part so that if you ever decide to sell or if you change your mind about the cyrstal etc you can restore the watch to original condition.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts