WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone :)
I wondered in to a pawn shop today and found a Planet Ocean that I have been wanting for a long time. It came with a red box and papers (no stamp or date on the cards) The shop is currently asking a high price but is fairly negotiable. Unfortunately the shop was super busy and I couldn't figure out if the watch was a 45mm or 42mm. I'm no watch expert so I'll likely steer clear but it was awesome to see a watch I've been wanting. The watch did not come with the original bracelet but had one from the ploprof. What do you guys think of it?
What size do you think it is?
PXL_20210502_193455754.jpg
PXL_20210502_194730939.NIGHT.jpg
PXL_20210502_194743286.NIGHT.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
It’s a 45.5mm, but the price is very high indeed. Particularly from a pawn shop.

4400USD would be top end for me for a complete set, which this is not. I’d factor this into any negotiation.

·
Premium Member
9,005 Posts
The PO lug is 22mm - the Ploprof is 24mm so the bracelet cant be off a ploprof???

I think that price is full market but there are better examples out there with original bracelet and box/papers/service history etc

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Pawnshops generally ask for top dollar +++. They aren't usually the hallmarks of integrity either. I don't like purchasing high dollar items there. They offer little guarantees other than a "trust me". Yes, you can negotiate, but, unless it's a must buy price, you can usually do better, with a more reputable establishment, elsewhere if you look around.

Reactions: BeauR

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Looks great on that bracelet, but that price is insane. What are these actually worth?
I follow used 2500-series Planet Ocean prices pretty regularly here on Watchuseek and on other outlets. The pawn shop's $5000 asking price is ridiculously too high, by almost 40%.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I was thinking something similar. I know you pay a premium for brick and mortar, but it’s also not like this thing comes with after-sale service. Should be no more than $3500 IMO. Interestingly, I have a similar watch that I bought used. Came with the original receipt for $3600 USD.

·
Premium Member
1,618 Posts
Way too expensive, but it looks good.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,005 Posts
The PO lug is 22mm - the Ploprof is 24mm so the bracelet cant be off a ploprof???

I think that price is full market but there are better examples out there with original bracelet and box/papers/service history etc
Edit - posted in ignorance - mesh was option with original as noted below

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yea that's a nutty price. If you are serious about getting one, hit me up and I'll help make sure you get one at a great price so you don't get taken for a ride.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yea that's a nutty price. If you are serious about getting one, hit me up and I'll help make sure you get one at a great price so you don't get taken for a ride.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
Thank you :) I didn't realize this was the much larger version. I like 42mm version far better.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts