WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 weeks ago I’ve purchased my first new Omega, a Constellation Chronometer (caliber 1120) and I have to admit I’m a bit disappointed. The power reserve is on average 13 hours, a far cry from the 44 hours stated in the specs. The first time it stopped in the week-end after not wearing the watch for 14 hours or so, the second time after 12 hours, and the third time it stopped after 13 hours. It started again each time, after winding it.
Is this the normal behavior? Does it have anything to do with the break-in period? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Give it the test

Welcome to WUS and congrats on your Constellation.

What you're describing is certainly not normal. Depending on your activity level, it may not be staying wound very well.

The best way to test the power reserve is to fully wind it (about 40 full rotations of the crown), note the time, and set it down until it runs out of power. I know it's tough to set aside a new one for a couple of days, but it's really the best way to find out if there is an issue.

Let us know how it goes!

eric

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.