Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of adding an Omega to the collection been lookung at these 2

Omega Seamaster Diver 300m James Bond 007 2020 Edition

Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 600m Co-Axial 43.5mm O21530442104001

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IMO, the non-Bond 300Ms are much better value. But if the Bond is your thing, perhaps you should consider this version instead
View attachment 15435624

Have you also considered non-divers like AT?
it's the colour I really like, did look at the bracelet option but it does add nearly 1k to the price and for £700 more I could get a used sea-dweller

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
it's the colour I really like, did look at the bracelet option but it does add nearly 1k to the price and for £700 more I could get a used sea-dweller
I asked the boutique the price of the nato strap for this model. It's a shocker coming up to around USD 500. They explained that was because of the titanium parts. Unbelievable.

·
Registered
800 Posts

View attachment 15435613

View attachment 15435614
Those are two very different watches that will wear very differently if you wear them day to day.

The Bond is made of Ti, so it’s rather light, it is reasonably thin for a diver and comes on a NATO, which wear well on slimmer wrists, less well on portlier wrists.

The PO is all steel and so will be noticeably heavier day to day. The profile is also taller. If you wear a suit to work, you’ll notice the PO snag on your cuffs.

In terms of performance it’s much of a muchness. The PO has a date.

If you do intend to dive, the Bond is almost useless as the scalloped bezel is all but impossible to turn wearing cold water gloves - the PO is easy to use with gloves.

Otherwise it’s aesthetics....

·
Registered
784 Posts
While they are functionally very similar (other than the date complication) these are two really distinct and different designs. Hard to give an overall advice other than : Try them on.

I agree with posters above that if you do get the Bond diver, get it on the milanese bracelet. That thing is fantastic. In my view it is one of the best things about the watch.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Both lovely watches. I would struggle to make that decision. That white and orange PO is stunning but its always the heft of those things that just knocks the edge off for me. The Bond is a stunner but it has to be the bracelet version. I bet that thing will cost well over £1000 if you order it separately. Pricewise I would say youll get the PO with a decent discount. The new SMP mentioned above has to be a contender too. Youve got tons of options in that price range though so youll have some difficult choices to make. Nice position to be in though. Best of luck

·
Premium Member
155 Posts

View attachment 15435613

View attachment 15435614
Seems everywhere I turn that "orange" is popping up...Are you able to see these in person? My closest AD is a 5 hour round-trip, thus making choices much harder

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I suppose it would help if we knew what else you have in your collection, but price wise, I think I would go for the PO as it is significantly cheaper (and you could get a discount on that model).

If you wanted the bond, I would get it on the bracelet - even at the additional price.

Reactions: anonymousmoose

·
Registered
124 Posts
Bond on mesh!!! but it costs a bomb...

Reactions: anonymousmoose

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I suppose it would help if we knew what else you have in your collection, but price wise, I think I would go for the PO as it is significantly cheaper (and you could get a discount on that model).

If you wanted the bond, I would get it on the bracelet - even at the additional price.
Doxa 300T
Sinn U1
Tudor Black Bay Bronze
Artego 500
Cave dweller

1 - 20 of 42 Posts