WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
I like the white Omega.

I don't like the Bond versions because their movie watches. I can respect a moon watch that made it to the moon fair and square, but not a movie watch. I really like the Seamaster on its own but I don't like it being connected with their paid movie advertisements.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
The Bond versions tend to hold their value better, but it depends on the future popularity of Bond films. Functionally, I don't think much separates the two watches.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Thinking of adding an Omega to the collection been lookung at these 2

Omega Seamaster Diver 300m James Bond 007 2020 Edition
View attachment 15435613

Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 600m Co-Axial 43.5mm O21530442104001
View attachment 15435614
Both cool choices. I’ll give you something to think about. If you take aesthetics out of the decision one watch is better and cheaper than the other. So it’s not a difficult choice. But aesthetics are important. So if money is not an issue then you have some thinking to do. I’ve tried on both and they are both really cool.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
The bond would be my pick. Love the new hour hand design.

Reactions: artus

·
Registered
113 Posts
Personally, not a fan of the Bond watches as products to buy, if that makes sense. They are fun novelties but I have no real desire to own one. My first Omega was an original generation Planet Ocean and I miss it!

·
Registered
12,099 Posts
I would be biased as I own the Bond watch and absolutely LOVE it!! It’s the only watch that I’ve bought to date that’s stopped me co side ring another watch to both wear or buy.

However, that PO has really grown on me and I think as part of a collection that it makes for a fabulous, fun addition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
316 Posts
I asked the boutique the price of the nato strap for this model. It's a shocker coming up to around USD 500. They explained that was because of the titanium parts. Unbelievable.
I thought that to myself every time I saw one in relation to the nato's excess. Is there any possible way to buy nato's that are custom sized?
Wow... You can always just buy the “Craig” Nick Mankey hook strap for $29. I have one for my BB58. That solves the price problem and the excess problem. $500 is insane for a NATO strap. Even $160 that Omega charges for their others.

·
Registered
542 Posts
No time to die of those 2. I like the colourway of the second but the little date throws off the balance, should have put it to 6 of the clock

·
Registered
201 Posts
I don't think there is a loser here. As for the bezel's I have not found issue with the scalloped edges in water or while wet. It's almost better/grippier that way. Can't speak for gloves however.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Love the Bond Seamaster.

... and it's not a movie watch to me. I haven't seen a Bond movie in 20 years.

·
Registered
229 Posts
The Bond on mesh bracelet would be my choice. I love the look and versatility. Another member stated that the Bond wears a bit smaller because of the lack of weight the titanium provides. The white and orange PO is a great looking watch and would be a fantastic summer watch.

·
Premium Member
2,730 Posts
If price is not a concern, go with the bond watch. It looks really nice in titanium on the mesh bracelet. Not a big fan of the PO in the orange white combo.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Update for this decided not to pull the trigger on either and keep my eyes open for
View attachment 15444631
Looks like a great choice as well. Personally, I would choose either PO you have pictured in this thread over the Bond watch. I don’t like watches associated with a fictional character, although I have a standard Diver 300M and love it. The PO has better lume’d hour and minute hands and I think the bezel is better as well. I tried to operate my Diver 300 bezel when it was wet with bare hands and it was literally impossible for me to turn. I also like having a date complication on my watches as I use it quite often. I’m on the lookout for a 45.5mm PO chrono with orange bezel and gray dial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
152 Posts
I agree with those who say they have objections over film associated watches. When IWC insisted on sticking the logo for the film Top Gun under the premise that it was actually for the flying school, it put me off. However I really wanted a ceramic chrono, and I didn't fancy second hand. So when they banished the logo to just the case back, I bought a IW389001, and it is still my favourite piece and daily wear.

So the titanium 300M is the same, a tiny 007 logo on the caseback. I think I can live with that.

I tried on the Bond 300M diver and Orange PO in the OP's question. I really wanted to like the Orange PO, and it beautiful. But it is too thick for any kind of versatile use (you will need custom shirt cuffs to wear this) and there is a slight transparency to the orange ceramic that allows a hint of the metal to show through on the inner bezel. So I agree with the OP's final choice. The original orange PO is better.

The Bond 300M though is glorious. So light, understated (for a fancy watch) and distinctive. Even the fauxtina doesn't annoy me, as it is done evenly across the watch. If it wasn't so ridiculously priced I would have it now. I know titanium costs more than steel, but a mesh bracelet is less than a good link bracelet, and taking the data off the movement, means there is no way it is worth nearly double a standard 300M diver. Maybe the Broccoli family charge thousands for the privilege of the Bond association, which I don't need. Still a great watch on it's own terms.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts