WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been a while since we've had a contest on the forum.... so here goes!

Knowing my charming husband likes to switch his watch and straps/bracelet several times a week (okay, day...), the first WUS'er to correctly guess what watch he will be wearing on the day of little Obie's arrival will be handsomely rewarded! This includes watches from the following makers: (all of which are in the current wrist 'rotation')

- Kobold (of course)
- Rolex
- DOXA
- Omega
- Ball

I know several of you are familiar with his collection, though with all the pics posted and past posts, all the information you need can easily be found on the forum. If not, I can provide some assistance with a more detailed list.

:-d

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Kobold LSD Date.

Chronometer

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I'm thinking chronograph--you know, to time the 1-5-1 contractions :-!

E2 on Zulu is my guess. Are you ready yet? Jen is ready and already hoping he comes ASAP (still 2+ weeks away from due date).

I can guarantee I'll be wearing my Seal--probably need the WR :-s

Good luck!
Daniel

·
Registered
265 Posts
Just to be different . . .

I'll guess (OK, suggest)... the new white face Explorer II. THE most ledgable dial in the collection.

On the other hand... If he's feeling macho, the SMG-1 would be fine and I could understand.

Go with the Explorer Obie.

Best of luck to both of you and the baby.

Regards From Colorado,

Tony

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
A high risk proposition here for, but I am going with in all the excitement of the day arriving, he walks out the door forgetting to put a watch on.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm thinking chronograph--you know, to time the 1-5-1 contractions :-!

E2 on Zulu is my guess. Are you ready yet? Jen is ready and already hoping he comes ASAP (still 2+ weeks away from due date).

I can guarantee I'll be wearing my Seal--probably need the WR :-s

Good luck!
Daniel
I'll have to go with the SEAL! :-x I'm sorry I've been out of the loop on several in here expecting as my wife and I are as well (things are crazy) We are due Dec 2nd, but look for her to come around Thanksgiving she's 37 wks this week. Looks like watchsnboats will be an uncle X2. Congrats to you all on the new little ones coming. We'll all have to post pics of the babies when they get here. Best of luck to you all. :-d

Kind Regards,
Chris

·
Registered
7,957 Posts
One fruitful bunch here - Gonna have a whole herd of baby Kolbodians looking for godparents and fake aunts and uncles....who can show em the ropes of watch collecting (when they get a bit older) :) - Can't wait!

I'm pretty new here and am clueless as to what's in Obie's massive collection - Don't know if he's got a vintage Rolex Explorer with an Orange Hand - but if he doesn't, he should b-). He'll be wearing that, or wishing he was, the day the baby is born.

·
Registered
230 Posts
A high risk proposition here for, but I am going with in all the excitement of the day arriving, he walks out the door forgetting to put a watch on.
Jeff - That's just crazytalk! You're assuming he would ever take his watch off in the first place!

I think timing will have a lot to do with it. At the end of a shift, he'll likely have the SMG-1. Otherwise, my guess is the SOA on calfskin.

Regardless of what's on his wrist, I wish the two (actually three) of you peace, health, and joy.

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
UPDATE:

Wife staying overnight in hospital getting medicine for inducement. Scheduled for 7am, so I will be away for a few days so behave!

And no one guessed right as of right now!

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Do I get another guess since you are inducing? My plan was expecting the unexpected?

More importantly, good luck and God Bless.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I just want to offer my congrats, best wishes, and many prayers for a safe arrival. Also, may the two of you remain calm and collected enough to witness your amazing miracle!

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
I say he commits heresy and wears a Doxa (not a bad watch, by the way!). In any event, I wish you the best of luck and the best for your future Koboldian!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts