WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Fantastic video Jeff !!! I am just wondering, which type of Suunto watch would be here for this race the best. They showed Core (paragiding), they showed some other type with heartrate, also the Vectors, I can imagine ending up with 3 whatches on my wrist :).

Anyway, very nice vid, I think exactly matches the SUUNTO profile. And very appropriate music too ! :-!
I like it very much.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Cool video! Makes me wish I was 30 years younger, with less abused knees and a little more crazy. :-d

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would think one of the X series actually.... I Use T3 for HRM. But it would be nice in an event like this to have HRM, Alti, Baro, Compass ALL IN ONE!

I think the X6hr would fit the bill!

Then again, Im not sure I would wear the HRM through the whole event?! Thats a long time to be "strapped up..."

While Im no bodybuilder, my back and chest are broad. So my HRM slides down a lot. It would get REALLY annoying after a few days! For cycling its not bad... but running would get old!

Maybe I would just use the HRM for training and use the Vector or other LIGHT watch for the race!

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Isnt that awesome!

LOL I agree... I wish I could do those adventure races full time! How fun!

A few years ago I went to France to watch Lance win his 6th. I rode 3/4 of the race. Between hotel changes, riding, different food etc... It was TOUGH! The whole Tour de France takes a toll on those guys... not just the cycling. Its definitely a lifestyle!

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Isnt that awesome!

LOL I agree... I wish I could do those adventure races full time! How fun!

A few years ago I went to France to watch Lance win his 6th. I rode 3/4 of the race. Between hotel changes, riding, different food etc... It was TOUGH! The whole Tour de France takes a toll on those guys... not just the cycling. Its definitely a lifestyle!
Wow that's impressive! Good for you. :-!

The last skiing wreck I had 4 years ago where I bunged up a knee seems to have been the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. I was only 46 then, but after a lifetime of bodily abuse through running, cycling, lifting, and climbing the old bod seems to have said it's had enough. :-d

I've started up with qigong and yoga again and that seems to be helping a lot, but when it starts getting cold and damp the knees start screaming. It really made me realize how old people who fall and break a hip or something go down hill so easily after that. Oh well, at least I ain't fat! :-d:-d
Cheers,
Bruce

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Vector has been THE watch for Adventure Racing atheletes for ever!

Seriously if you look back to the early Eco Challenges and Raid Gallouise there were LOTS of Vectors. Light, reliable, accurate... :)

Then in the 90's the Nike came on that scene big time. Mainly because Ian Adamson wore and was sponsored by Nike.

Now the HR watches are really popular... although wearing a HR strap for 3 days (or more) gets REALLY old! Still they use the HRM so much in training, and then jsut dont wear the strap for events.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thanks Jeff,

Yeah, I am looking at the X6, Looks cool besides it has dual time. I was hoping they upgrade the Vector with dual time or have another UTC module like Breitling's UTC model that clips on the strap. WOnder if any one makes this UTC modules?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts