WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, (Newbie here)

I am looking at geting a core all black military, problem is i haven't see the watch in the flesh but i am going to look at the NF in Black & Yellow at a shop not too far from me tomorrow, will this give me a good idea of size and fit of the all black and are the screens similar? also i have asked the shop who sell the all black (which is extremegb.com) what model year the watches are and they replied with the following;

Our current stock does have serial numbers starting with 7 but they are absolutely the latest specification, which has not changed.

My concern is after reading on this forum that there have been battery issues and software problems on older models i am unsure if i should buy one or not? also as i understand it the all black is the same as the black & orange but with the strap changed, is that correct?

Sorry for all the questions but i really want to make the right decision so you help and advice is greatly appreciated.

Darren

Attachments

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
All Core models are the same size, and you are correct. There is no ALL black Core. People have been buying a Black and Orange Core (referred to here as a CBO) and replacing the strap with the black strap from the Light Black Core. This gives the resulting "all Black" core that you are referring to..

As for serial numbers, I have always maintained that there have been relatively few issues with the Core. You hear a lot about the battery issues because those people tend to complain the most. But if you look around, you will find that there are plenty of people with Serial numbers starting with 7xx that are very pleased with their Cores..

·
Registered
5 Posts
All of the Core models including the Suunto Core All Black share the same watch module. We've been selling the Core range since it was launched over 6 months ago and there have been very few returns indeed and no particular pattern emerging that would indicate any design fault. Some of the pre-launch demo models had an issue with power supply but we've never seen this with any of the Cores we supplied for sale.
EdG, ExtremeGB

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Hello EdG, I spotted your post and was wondering if your company receives the Black/Orange Core with the black lug type strap (instead of the orange one) from Suunto or do you actually remove the orange one and put the black ones on and then market/sell the watch as an All Black Core. Just curious.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Geopro, We assemble all non-standard Suunto models ourselves ensuring that full warranty cover is retained. This applies to the Core range as well as all the other fine Suunto's out there.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Excellent! Thanks for your reply. I'm sorry to get all up in your business, since it is your business, but I was wondering how you all decided on which black band to use. It was a big decision for me and I analyzed the lugs vs. the standard strap (like on the yellow/black core) and the lighter strap (like on the light green core). I did everything but order one of each and try them all. I decided on the standard black for several reasons (a little more comfortable, to me it looks best, and I percieved it as having less points of failure than the lugs) so I was wondering if you'd share some details on how it was for your company. You've got me second guessing myself now...that black lugged band and the Core looks nice too!

·
Registered
5 Posts
No problem, we do what you would like to do - we try them all and take a view on what does the job best. We sell a lot of All Black Cores and other Suunto watches to our army and special forces guys on active service and they share their views with us - and of course we are always interested to hear your preferences. Some wanted the lightweight feel, others prefer the articulated band - so we did both. We feed views back to Suunto regularly so we hope we have some hand in future developments . . .So far we haven't had any strap failures and I wear the lighter strap which has proven pretty tough so far !Kind Regards, Ed, ExtremeGB

1 - 11 of 11 Posts