WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm new here. I'm interested in getting either one of it. Mind sharing what problem does these watch normally had? I'm thinking of using it for gym and some outdoor activity such as hikings and etc. The normal plastic core or the alu are more suitable for these activity? I've seen those plastic core, i don't really plastic feel actually. Oh by the way, those suunto picture i saw here, gosh, you ROCK!

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Welcome to the forum. With regard to Alu or All Black, two very different choices. You really want to get somewhere and actually have a look, put them on the wrist and so on. I love my all black, however I now also have an exteme silver and both are beautiful watches. However both very different in character. The negative display takes some getting used to but looks incredibly sleek! It doesn't wear as big as it is specced. The extreme silver with positive display is much easier to read and to dress it up I have added silver lugs and a black with white stitching Maratac elite band. It now looks great. Love switching them up. If you read enough posts you will find the All Black is very much love it or hate it watch. The negative display puts a lot of people off. However the backlight works a treat. So as previously stated, if possible, get in and have a look at both. At the very least compare a positive vs negative display Suunto. Hope this has helped.

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
Welcome. Tough call as they are so different. Either would be fine for the gym and hiking. As stated, it would be good if you could handle both since they are so different.

Sent from my HTC Liberty using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how about the issues on the serial number? what should i be looking out for if let say it is made in the year 2011? and i saw there is some issue regarding the back of the alu being some sort "pimpled"?

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I think that was an isolated incident. I have not seen any other faults of that sort, and it was on the back of the watch. I myself have a Core Alu and love it. The first digit of the serial number indicates the year of manufacture.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
If your buying from a reputable dealer, serial number won't be an issue. Can't see them having such old stock on hand. Most stock should be current year, so no problems other than which model to buy and once you do, how the hell do you stop at one??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts