WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read previously that some people loctite the screws when they replace the bands on their cores. I am about to put the silver lugs onto my newly arrived extreme silver core and was wondering if it was necessary to loctite the screws (I would assume the 222 purple low strength version would be sufficient). If so both sets i.e. lug to watch and the screw through the lug and band. Given that I lead an active outdoor life I don't want to lose bits allover the mountains of Canada over the coming winter.

I've not removed the elastomer band from the extreme silver yet and also understand from previous postings that undoing the screws may pose an issue. Some recommend soaking the screw "join" area in hot water prior to attempting to screw it out to break the factory seal. Is this the case? TIA.:-!

·
Registered
870 Posts
Unscrew slowly and carefully, and don't over-torque, but I guess you know that already :)

As for replacing the Loctite - that's just not necessary. The whole idea of having a double-screw system is so the whole bar rotates instead of just the screw - that's why you need to keep one end fixed when unscrewing. Re-screw until secure (using two screwdrivers) and don't over-tighten. I never had a problem with my Core screws when doing this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.