WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm new to Suunto brand, i have a Core since a couple of days. Today the barometer graph went totally flat, the watch seem to record pressure well, but the graph is a straight line at it's bottom.

Serial number is 035....., sw version is 1.1.0 and hw version is 3A. Is here a way to fix this or must send the watch to Suunto to repair?

I tried to find an answer using the search function, sorry if this was discussed already, but I couldn't find it.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Does it slope down to the flat line, or does it IMMEDIATELY go to flat line? If it slopes down, that means that the pressure dropped so fast that is maxed out. You will see things come back up again when the baro pressure again rises in your area.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for answering.

It went from full bars to lowest values immediately. After resting all the night the graph started to rise normally, but now it seems to go to top values again. This behaviour started after a 200 km travel in a car, could be related?

·
Registered
29 Posts
that is for as far as I know not normal! I find the pressure also a bit high, but that depends on where you live i guess.

what I would do is, set the right sea level pressure and altitude readings (of your home) in the menu (alti-baro, reference). You can find these readings on the internet. and than leave your watch at home for a day, and then see if the readings go back to a normal and the graph looks normal again.

more people will reply to this I hope.

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
Yeah, that does not look normal.

Can you re-set the watch either through the button technique (described in our how-to) or remove the battery for a bit and put it back in?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your replies. I tried to set sea level pressure. The Core returns to a normal behaviour after more than 12 hours showing that graph. I also tried to reset the watch pushing the four buttons.

Since is a brand new Core with less than 4 days of use, I opted to return it to the store. Today I got a new regular black with a higher serial (040) and 1.2.2 sw version.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Anyone any ideas on the changes for 1.22 over 1.1.0

Best Suunto Core positive display by far the Core Extreme Silver, you can literally read this watch from several yards the display is that good...

Q-6

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Don't know the differences but I think that the graph algorithm changed. When I first started the core with 1.1.0 the graph started with full bars, the 1.2.0 version started with mid bars.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts