WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight I was playing around with my core... sure enough it was off... By about 18 degrees. So I very slowly very carefully rotated it around about 3 times.

On the third time around I swear I saw it "jump" and now its perfect. So the rotation does work. I would think that in a real world application I would simply calibrate it each time I took my compass out to do some map work.... or at least have a look to see how it compares.

I do wish it would beep or something though.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Tonight I was playing around with my core... sure enough it was off... By about 18 degrees. So I very slowly very carefully rotated it around about 3 times.

On the third time around I swear I saw it "jump" and now its perfect. So the rotation does work. I would think that in a real world application I would simply calibrate it each time I took my compass out to do some map work.... or at least have a look to see how it compares.

I do wish it would beep or something though.
It's written in the users manual, that the compass does automatic calibration. so in the manual there is written:

if the compass is unaccurate, turn the core 3 times around, and the compass will calibrate automatically and correct the impreciseness.
(my own words - it's written on the last pages somewhere)

btw: my Core arrived - makes me Happy :)

regards
Fabian

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right.. thats an old post you've dug out there LOL.

STILL, I wish it would beep or let the user know when the calibration is complete.

:)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Why would I finish my own thread? :)
for example could you write something like: "there is no solution for this problem/issue" or "EDIT: seen it in the users manual, that this behaviour of the suunto core is normal"

so that users like me, don't answer on such an old "fred" ;-)

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, actually it wasn't really a question... just an observation. I didn't even call it "abnormal".

Obviously it didn't get much attention.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts