WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ordered my Suunto Core Light Black from watchesgb.com monday, after confirming it was in stock. It arrived yesterday, only two days delivery time (to Denmark) - great service.

Looking at the hardware version: 3A
Software version: 1.0.1

Setting display contrast, was default 1 using guide found in earlier post:
1. Press and hold the upper left, lower left, upper right and lower right buttons until 'SUUNTO' appears on the display.
2. When the display is blank press the upper left button once - 'SUUNTO' will appear on the screen
3. While 'SUUNTO' is still displayed press and hold the upper left button
4. Highlight the 'contrast' option then press the middle right button.
5. Change the contrast using the upper right and lower right buttons
6. Press the lower left then upper left buttons to exit
-tjek!

Setting time, date and language, tjek! Easy as pie, once i got the language back to english, from german o|

Setting City/Country under settings/Sunrise-Sunset - tjek!

Setting altitude reference found this on http://topocoding.com/ - tjek!

Setting latitude and longtitude found on
http://www.satsig.net/maps/lat-long-finder.htm - 56 North 9 East tjek!

Setting declination found on
http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/seg/geomag/jsp/Declination.jsp using the above latitude and longtitude = 0.56 East - enter 0.5 E on the Core tjek!

Installing Light Black Strap, and voila!

Great Watch !

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ok what did I miss..

Setting the Latitude & Longitude? Ummm how?:-s

Is this for Sunrise/Set? If so, Please do tell...

Thanks

Shep

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ok so after a minute of searching I found my own answer.

Setting Lat/Long, for the Compass, Magnetic vs true North.

I really was hoping for a Lat/Long set for the sunrise/set, as I am not close to any of the cities listed in the core, and it's about five minutes off. No big deal, just would be cool if it was an option.

Shep

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so after a minute of searching I found my own answer.

Setting Lat/Long, for the Compass, Magnetic vs true North.

I really was hoping for a Lat/Long set for the sunrise/set, as I am not close to any of the cities listed in the core, and it's about five minutes off. No big deal, just would be cool if it was an option.

Shep
Glad you figured it out - i tried to make a 'remember' list of things you need to set when you get a new watch, this is lacking in the manual. A note on the front page with this list, could be nice, so you don't miss a setting. Af all, who reads the manual througly anyway :-!

I have the same problem with sunrise as you do, but according to the manual, you should be able to select a city north or south of you, which should give you the same result. Only problem is, i have about 500 km to the nearest north or south city and i guess this would cause a difference in sunrise/set times as well as a city 300 km east ?

·
Registered
179 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
I have the same problem with sunrise as you do, but according to the manual, you should be able to select a city north or south of you, which should give you the same result. Only problem is, i have about 500 km to the nearest north or south city and i guess this would cause a difference in sunrise/set times as well as a city 300 km east ?
No. Sunrise/Sunset are based on Longitude locations on the globe, so 500km North/South should get you very close. 300km east/west will give you a higher level of error.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No. Sunrise/Sunset are based on Longitude locations on the globe, so 500km North/South should get you very close. 300km east/west will give you a higher level of error.
Okey - changed city to Oslo, did make a change in sunrise/set times :-!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts