WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Don't own a Suunto yet, but have become very interested in the t6 and Core.

I'm interested in the t6 for the obvious training applications, but I've also been looking at the Core. Know they're for different uses, but still interested in the Core.

Was thinking about checking out a Core at local shop - how can one determine what software version is loaded on the watch? I scanned the .pdf manual from the Suunto site, but didn't find instructions re: how to access the sw/hw version info.

Thanks for your help,
Frank

·
Registered
33 Posts
how can one determine what software version is loaded on the watch? I scanned the .pdf manual from the Suunto site, but didn't find instructions re: how to access the sw/hw version info.

Thanks for your help,
Frank
This is the version for my watch (light/black)
Hardware version: 3A
Software version: 1.0.1

To see the versions, you need to enter the 'service-menu' the same way you do, when you need to change the contrast:

1. Press and hold the upper left, lower left, upper right and lower right buttons until 'SUUNTO' appears on the display.
2. When the display is blank press the upper left button once - 'SUUNTO' will appear on the screen
3. While 'SUUNTO' is still displayed press and hold the upper left button

From here you should find a menu called versions of something like that, choose it, and it will display hardware and software versions.

Hope this makes sense

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
HI there Frank... Im from Canton and work in Atlanta! Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

To see the versions, you need to enter the 'service-menu' the same way you do, when you need to change the contrast:

1. Press and hold the upper left, lower left, upper right and lower right buttons until 'SUUNTO' appears on the display.
2. When the display is blank press the upper left button once - 'SUUNTO' will appear on the screen
3. While 'SUUNTO' is still displayed press and hold the upper left button

From here you should find a menu called versions of something like that, choose it, and it will display hardware and software versions.

Hope this makes sense
Schytte - Thanks; didn't realize it was the service menu/contrast keystrokes - makes sense, though.

Jeff - Thanks for the welcome - great forum you have going here; been lurking for a while.

I *thought* I saw somebody post with a software version for the Core of 1.3.4; however, I may have just been imagining that - I searched the forum and didn't see anything newer than 1.0.1, as noted by Schytte, above.

I don't really expect it, but is there newer soft/firmware than 1.0.1?

Thx,
Frank

·
Registered
15 Posts
Same here. I don't think there's a newer version of SW. They have just released it, I would expect it maybe mid next year :-s.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ambor -

Makes sense. I must have been thinking/reading about something else re: the firmware version I thought I saw.

Thx,

·
Registered
493 Posts
My core is presently on it's way back from Finland after repair. It'll be interesting to see if there is a s/w f/w revision been applied.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Geoff,

Thanks for the response - would be interesting to know if there's an update to the software or firmware version.

My guess is that the Core's still pretty new to be updating firmware, but you never know.

Turns out the local shops didn't have the Core version I wanted. I'd simply wanted to make sure I got a "newer" version (if there is such a thing) in the event I was going to make an "impulse" buy...

Will likely just order on-line.

Thx,
Frank

·
Registered
33 Posts
Has anybody found any flaws in the current firmware, that makes a new firmware version neccesary?

-Wonder if it will be possible to flash the Core your self, or if it would have to go to Suunto Service....

·
Registered
909 Posts
Would it be safe to assume that most user problems have been hardware related rather than sw? Or a combination of the two? Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
schytte - Hi good day. May I ask if you have faced any problems with your suunto core, I just bought mine and we share the same HW & SW versions? Let me know what are the symptoms before it breaks down. appreciate the help. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
45 Posts
schytte - Hi good day. May I ask if you have faced any problems with your suunto core, I just bought mine and we share the same HW & SW versions? Let me know what are the symptoms before it breaks down. appreciate the help. thanks in advance.
Hi in Dubai!..Looks like you are replying to a post from 2007. The SW/HW versions have changed from what I have read here. If you have one from back then..sit down and get a cup of coffee. Then check out and read all the posts.

My core which I purchased in Nov 2010 has this SW version:

Serial number is: 0436XXXX
SW 1.2.2
HW 3A

I hope this helps?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts