WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the Suunto side of the forum, however not new to the DIGITAL & ABC WATCHES and G-SHOCK side of the WUS. I have several PROTREKS AND PATHFINDERS and G-SHOCKS watches. I have taken a likening to the Suunto forum in the last few days, just lurking.
I need some help to decide on a new watch. The Suunto CORE and the CORE all Black Military edition caught my eye. Not sure of the difference between the two Suunto's and the Weather Master VII. I like big watches!
I am now trying to decide on what to get myself. I am an outdoors kind of guy. Ride a lot of roads with my TREK Road bike. I do not live in a mountainous area for hiking. Just want to know that if I get lost on one of the long bike rides, I can find my way back home. The weather is very important to know also with Barometer accuracy. Weather in the Houston area can change rapidly at times.
What do you guys recommend from your experience with the below watches to get. I am always looking for a bargain but I do not sacrifice quality to just to save a few dollars. If the prices are close I always can go with better product in my mind. Please help me decide. Thank you all in advance. I greatly appreciate your help.:-!
Jack

1. Suunto Core All Black Military Edition - Negative Display - Black Rubber Strap, Suunto Model SS014279010
2. Suunto Core - Black & Yellow - Storm Alarm - Compass - Altimeter & Barometer, Suunto Model SS013315010.
3. Weather Master VII ABC watch from Pro-idee

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
470 Posts
Not a direct answer but consider: AFAIK, you will have to source the Weather Master overseas. If there are any warranty or service issues, you might as well toss it and buy a new one because it'll take forever to turn it around. The Core will be more expensive but (if bought new with a high/current s/n) should be trouble-free and you will have recourse to a domestic dealer and the US Suunto organization.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good point on the domestic market vs the overseas .......let look at the difference between the B&Y vs the All Military black Suunto models. Is there a difference. Price is one. Software betwenn the models? What other point should I be looking at?

·
Registered
278 Posts
This is just me, but I've never had my core give me any type of reading (weather or altimeter) that made me scratch my head... From reading about the weather master, it seems to be a nice watch, but like Jeff said, this is the Suunto forum, so most of us only have field experience with Suuntos (well...maybe a casio too, I think everyone has had a casio at one point or another ;) )

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys.............I made my decision based on many comments that I read and pulled the trigger on a All Black CORE. :-!Now the wait for it to arrive!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.