WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 741 Posts

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
This reminds me of "tiger Concepts" in a way. The crystal is mineral so expect it to scratch. I think the $300 Parnis one is Sapphire. I wish it came with a nice bracelet to.
According to the sellers it's sapphire glass. BTW, the Parnis BB homage does come on a bracelet if you are prepared to pay $250 for one.

Corgeut 41mm Sapphire Glass Japan Miyota Men Waterproof Automatic Heritage Watch | eBay

[url]http://www.ebay.com/itm/41mm-parnis-roating-bezel-automatic-movement-men-watch-Luminous-numbers-/171984677308?hash=item280b15e9bc:g:6ZwAAOSw9mFWNJBp&rmvSB=true

[/URL]

·
Registered
214 Posts
It looks pretty good spec wise for the price. I bet the lume is probably weak and like many others have mentioned, the crown guard and buckle are a bit too replica-like for me.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I'd love to find a watch that's a legitimate homage in this color scheme, but I'd be entirely uncomfortable with something so close to fake.
Get a Squale 20 Atmos 1545 Black Dial, and buy a blue bezel insert (Gnomon sells both the watch and the bezel inserts), a very simple mod to just change the bezel and you'd want to remove the cyclops. You will have the mercedes hour hand instead of the snowflake, maybe thats ok for you because then its less of a straight homage to the Tudor? You could also get a set of snowflake hands and switch those as well. This will run you $600 at least though, but you'll have a much higher quality watch.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
This ain't a homage.. It's a fake! I can't stand it! I love the BB, and would like to own one, but couldn't bring myself to wear one of these, even when probably only one of my mates would know what it's copying..

I often don't get the homage thing when it's close to being a rip off.. But this.. Sigh

Above is my opinion! ;-) and don't think less of people having another :)

-whoa-

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
This ain't a homage.. It's a fake! I can't stand it! I love the BB, and would like to own one, but couldn't bring myself to wear one of these, even when probably only one of my mates would know what it's copying..

I often don't get the homage thing when it's close to being a rip off.. But this.. Sigh

Above is my opinion! ;-) and don't think less of people having another :)

-whoa-
While I agree with this on principle, I don't think anyone would know it is a homage or replica. Whichever one chooses to call it.
Not one of my friends knows anything about watches. My friends here-you guys- know plenty.
My non-forum friends could not care less what watch I am wearing. All I get is "I like that one Nello" or, "that one has some cool colors".
Never-"that Tudor Black Bay Blue homage looks like a replica, and you suck for wearing it."
Like whoa said, if you like it, buy it. You are allowed your opinion.

·
Registered
8,600 Posts
Since CAPV's opinion essentially matches my own, I don't mind chiming in here: The matching crown goes so far as to counteract whatever is accomplished by changing the logo on the dial. With all the other similarities, it's too much for me. Not because of what others will think of it, but because I just don't dig a copy that adds nothing original. I think of it like music: if you're going to cover someone else's song, it better be good. Hendrix made Watchtower his own. But when others cover a song just to fill out a set, adding nothing to it, meh.

So, everything else can look pretty much exactly the same, dial, case etc, but you can't have a crown that's the same? Hmm, strange logic

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
While I agree with this on principle, I don't think anyone would know it is a homage or replica. Whichever one chooses to call it.
Not one of my friends knows anything about watches. My friends here-you guys- know plenty.
My non-forum friends could not care less what watch I am wearing. All I get is "I like that one Nello" or, "that one has some cool colors".
Never-"that Tudor Black Bay Blue homage looks like a replica, and you suck for wearing it."
Like whoa said, if you like it, buy it. You are allowed your opinion.
I agree wholeheartedly with the basic points you make. But at the end of the day I'd feel like I was wearing a fake. I can assuage this feeling by recognizing its design value.

·
Registered
5,505 Posts
So, everything else can look pretty much exactly the same, dial, case etc, but you can't have a crown that's the same? Hmm, strange logic
It's not that the crown, as an object, is the same. It's that the crown has Tudor's logo on it. I'm pretty sure it's actually a legal violation, not just a questionable moral one.

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
It's an outright fake crown, using a trademarked logo. It's illegal. Simple logic.

What about Parnis copying the Panerai crown protector (as well as case, dial etc) is that acceptable? I won't show the other side, but even the crown guard markings are the same as a Pam. Yet people don't seem to have a problem with the Parnis.

Attachments

·
Registered
569 Posts
Looks like a re-branded fake. I would stay away if I were the OP. Save up to the real deal or get something from Squale, Steinheart or even Invicta.

·
Registered
951 Posts
After looking at several images of the Tudor BB in Red and Blue, I have come to the following conclusion.. The BB Red has the gilt dial and hands. The BB Blue has no gilt dial or hands. If you buy the Blue with gilt dial and hands, that is nowhere near being an original. If you want to own these, then get a BB Red without gilt dial and hands and a BB Blue with gilt dial and hands. No one can say you are wearing a fake.

·
Registered
8,600 Posts
When is fake Elvis going too far? Are we measuring sideburn length? Counting rolls of belly fat? This thing is what it is, a shameless copy. Wear it or don't, but don't kid yourself. The mfr plainly is copying the BB, thus the flowery crown etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
27,717 Posts
I have no problem with 'homage' designs, even if they're very close to the originals. So long as they don't copy the branding, they're legal.

It seems to me that some people here are viewing the rose on the crown as some sort of gray area, because it's not the Tudor logo, which is currently a shield. But it is tied to the Tudor corporate identity - Tudor: the origin and logos - Collecting Watches.

In my view, that Tudor Rose on the crown of the Corgeuts crosses a line. It may not be Tudor's current logo, but it was a past logo, and it is something associated with their brand. It wouldn't be cool for an homage to use an older version of the Rolex or Omega logo, or any other company's brand marks, even if the homage is using an older version. It's still using a corporate brand mark that belongs to someone else. It would be like a car company using an old Ford logo, or a soft drink maker using an old Coca-Cola logo.

It may not say "Tudor" on the dial, but that doesn't necessarily make it A-OK. Take that emblem off the crown, it would be, IMO.

·
Registered
8,600 Posts
Pretty sure the Tudor BB wears the rose on the crown, but the shield on the dial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 741 Posts