WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 60 of 741 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
I'd imagine that it will be a disappointment in real life - you get what you pay for. Almost certainly made by a shady Parnis like cartel. However theres only one way to find out !

·
Registered
235 Posts
I saw these one last night on ebay and came here to check if anyone got one already?

Would be interested to hear the feedback, but this is so close to being a copy, i might consider going replica directly, i bet the price would be rather similar

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
I saw these one last night on ebay and came here to check if anyone got one already?

Would be interested to hear the feedback, but this is so close to being a copy, i might consider going replica directly, i bet the price would be rather similar
On the Ali site I believe they around $200

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
wow all this debate about a copycat watch. rose on the crown or no rose, it's a blatant rip off of the design. i'm pretty sure a person that wants to wear this copycat design wouldn't care whether there was a rose on the crown or not, it's already 99% the same.

·
Registered
864 Posts
What about Parnis copying the Panerai crown protector (as well as case, dial etc) is that acceptable? I won't show the other side, but even the crown guard markings are the same as a Pam. Yet people don't seem to have a problem with the Parnis.
For many around here Parnis is not acceptable either, might as well wear them with some "Mike" sneakers and a "Tonny Hillfinger" shirt.

I have no problem with 'homage' designs, even if they're very close to the originals. So long as they don't copy the branding, they're legal.

It seems to me that some people here are viewing the rose on the crown as some sort of gray area, because it's not the Tudor logo, which is currently a shield. But it is tied to the Tudor corporate identity - Tudor: the origin and logos - Collecting Watches.

In my view, that Tudor Rose on the crown of the Corgeuts crosses a line. It may not be Tudor's current logo, but it was a past logo, and it is something associated with their brand. It wouldn't be cool for an homage to use an older version of the Rolex or Omega logo, or any other company's brand marks, even if the homage is using an older version. It's still using a corporate brand mark that belongs to someone else. It would be like a car company using an old Ford logo, or a soft drink maker using an old Coca-Cola logo.

It may not say "Tudor" on the dial, but that doesn't necessarily make it A-OK. Take that emblem off the crown, it would be, IMO.

I suppose that "copyright infringement" doesn't translate really well to chinesse :D

·
Vendor
27,683 Posts
...might as well wear them with some "Mike" sneakers and a "Tonny Hillfinger" shirt.
How about Jonah Hill Finger?

jonah-hill-flips-off-bullett-magazine-wild-issue.jpg

I can even do you one better. Jonah Hill holding up a finger while wearing Tommy Hilfiger.

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
For many around here Parnis is not acceptable either, might as well wear them with some "Mike" sneakers and a "Tonny Hillfinger" shirt.

I suppose that "copyright infringement" doesn't translate really well to chinesse :D
I've seen Parnis shown and discussed on the Affordables many times, and even more so on the Chinese forum, so some may find them unacceptable but a lot of members have no problem with them.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
The rose on the crown is definitely the Tudor Rose. It's on the Black Bay dial and crown. It is a definite infringement.

As to the case looking like the Black Bay case, I worry much less about it than the trademark infringement. Homages to me are all about what you're comfortable with. Do you mind if it looks identical to something else? Are you taking cues to make something new? Are you paying tribute to rare or out of production watches? Whatever makes you happy.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Fantastic watch and great taste, mate.

may i ask you what that dial is? custom made?
Thank you. Yes sir, it is custom made.
Whenever you see infra superficiem jelliottz has made them himself. He's a legend over at BSHT.
Thanks Brother!

·
Vendor
27,683 Posts

·
Registered
8,600 Posts
i'm still trying to figure out what watch John's wearing in his unibomber pose.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
i'm still trying to figure out what watch John's wearing in his unibomber pose.
Bagelsport Explorer II. I just got my hands on another one after destroying the first. Pretty excited. No modding for this one. Some new lume, and we're off to the races.

41 - 60 of 741 Posts